“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader,” - John Quincy Adams.
Is this your leadership philosophy? If so, our Customer Care Manager is your opportunity to lead and inspire our leaders. Apply today!
The Customer Care division of DIRECTV is a business focused around people. This focus on people creates a culture dedicated to our human capital. This human centered focus shapes the roles our manager’s play. Our managers spend at least 50% of their time coaching and developing 8 – 9 direct reports. These direct reports consist of our Call Center Supervisors / Team Leaders who lead teams of 14- 16 Technical Customer Service Representatives. It is critical that our managers adapt their approach in order to establish credibility with their team.
The Customer Care Manager must be able to create long term strategies while remaining present in the moment. “Our industry has seen everything changing. I feel some days like the walls are moving, the floor is moving, and the ceiling’s moving. So strategy does not stay still.” Michael White Chairman, President and CEO of DIRECTV. The dynamic nature of our business and our commitment to continuous improvement creates an ever changing environment. This environment requires that our managers be agile in order to ensure we are meeting the demand of the business.
In order for our employees to thrive with our organization, DIRECTV is committed to setting you up for success. We do this by providing the opportunity for new employees to learn the business and our methodology during your first 90 days with the company. During the onboarding phase, you’ll learn the company business, philosophy and strategies. During this time it is critical that the new manager establishes solid relationships with their peers, stakeholders, leaders, business partners and direct reports. In order to be successful in this collaborative environment, the new manager will partner with the Site Director to identify best practices and understand the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
About Us? We’re About You.
- Manages group of Team Leaders. Coaches and develops team in all areas of performance including, but not limited to quality, quantity, productivity and leadership.
- Participates in call monitoring calibrations and reviews calls being disputed and manages the service quality for assigned teams.
- Presents monthly achievement levels and goals to assigned team and coaches individual team members to ensure improvement and efficient productivity is achieved.
- Directly manages a team of call center Team Leaders and directs their activities toward accomplishing call center goals and objectives. Hires, trains, develops and retains a diverse workforce. Writes and conducts performance evaluations, makes employment decisions, sets performance goals and objectives for assigned team.
- Responsible for managing team and individual schedule adherence and attendance. Manages employee issues regarding attendance, performance, behavior, and delivers appropriate disciplinary action as needed.
- Responsible for communicating policy updates and company information through team meetings, pre-shift briefings and one-on-one development sessions.
- Handles escalated customer issues not resolved at the Team Leader level and works directly with customers to bring about resolution.
- May perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned and/or required including leading or participating in projects as necessary.
You’re probably not here to read about DIRECTV’s Fortune 500 ranking, annual revenue or latest products and services. Those things matter, of course, and you can get the details at http://www.directv.com/
. More important is what a career with DIRECTV can do for you
. Here, product innovators, technology mavens, customer service champions, master technicians and business leaders of tomorrow find their home. We seek the brightest minds in an evolving workplace. The A-listers of our industry. The quarterbacks of the next generation. And those who get drafted to the team will walk a red carpet of rewards. After all, you’ll help us transform what TV means to the world. And in turn, we want you to imagine who you can become with the support of DIRECTV. Sure, we win awards, give back to our communities and delight our millions of customers worldwide. But right now, we’re asking you
to join us. Grow your career. Grow your network. Grow with DIRECTV.And ENTERTAIN YOUR FUTURE