Does your current “Quality gig” have you down? Are you ready to make a positive change? If so, then come to work for a company that . . .
• Values the strong skills you bring to the table
• Provides an opportunity to succeed at what you do best
• Will challenge your skills and grow your talent
• Gives you the chance to build a real, long term career
As a Supplier Quality Engineer at Manitowoc Cranes*, you’ll be responsible for assuring the highest level of quality performance for assigned suppliers through development, monitoring of quality performance in the factory and field data, and execution of effective preventive and corrective actions. You will ensure that quality process improvement initiatives are effectively implemented and sustained to improve assigned supplier product quality, manufacturing lead time, cost, safety, and on time scheduling.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Supplier Development, this position is based in Manitowoc, WI.
If you’re up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
• React to Internal & External Customer's component and assembly functional issue investigations, lead effective problem containment and root cause analysis utilizing Six Sigma tools, and implement effective corrective and preventive actions for assigned crane models.
• Assure rapid containment effort of quality issues as reported from internal and external customers. Investigate field issues reported through the warranty and field service databases.
• Facilitate the issuance, evaluation and approval of assigned PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) documents.
• Be an agent for change by submission of requests for process and design improvements. Work with internal operations and suppliers to develop more effective utilization of recognized industry quality tools such as PFMEA, Control Plans, PPAP, Gage R&R, etc.
• Act as a resource for management and internal customers in Quality philosophies, standards, and resources. ISO 9001: (2008).
• Support management in identifying and reporting on cost of quality data. Assist Purchasing when supplier cost recovery is warranted for nonconforming parts.
• Manage all Quality Documentation for the selected supplier commodities.
• Safety - Maintain departmental housekeeping and 5S standards, perform job functions in a safe manner, wear all PPE required by Company Policy were required, know & follow established job specific and facility wide safety & health procedures and rules, participate in safety and health training & demonstrate competency based on training received, and bring safety and health issues, unsafe acts, and safety suggestions to managements attention or correct those you can.