DCP Midstream, LLC, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, leads the midstream segment as one of the top three largest natural gas gatherers and processors, the largest producer of natural gas liquids, and one of the largest marketers of natural gas liquids in the country.
DCP Midstream is a 50-50 joint venture between Spectra Energy and ConocoPhillips.
DCP Midstream, LLC, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, is a leader in the midstream segment of the energy industry as the No. 1 NGL producer, No. 1 natural gas gatherer and processor, and No. 3 NGL pipeline operator in the U.S., based on miles of pipeline operated. DCP Midstream is a 50-50 joint venture between Phillips 66 and Spectra Energy. DCP Midstream is the link in the energy chain ensuring society has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. As the largest producer of natural gas liquids in the U.S., DCP Midstream is proud of the role its 3,200 employees perform in gathering and processing natural gas in 18 states. DCP Midstream is the largest oil and gas company and the largest private company in Denver, and is the Top Company Winner for Energy/Natural Resources in Colorado as recognized by ColoradoBiz. For more information, visit the DCP Midstream website at www.dcpmidstream.com.
DCP Midstream, LLC is also the general partner and manages the operations of DCP Midstream Partners, LP, a midstream master limited partnership (MLP) which trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DPM). (www.dcppartners.com)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
(Note: These are subject to change as business and other conditions require.)
Job may be staffed at any of the following levels depending on qualifications and experience: Construction Specialist I, II, or Senior.
• Oversee the construction of DCP capital projects including boosters, gas plant improvements, gas treaters, and pipelines.
• Ensure that Safety is a top priority for all contract and company personnel associated with capital projects.
• Work closely with Project Engineer and Project Manager to ensure that constructability is a major factor in designs.
• Determine materials and equipment necessary for jobs and arrange for procurement of the materials and equipment in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Plan and arrange for the contract crews, company personnel, etc. necessary to execute each project.
• Monitor project construction to determine if work is being done to spec and in conformation with DCP Required Practices and applicable government regulations.
• Oversee contract construction superintendents and contract crews; provide work direction to DCP maintenance, operations, and construction personnel as required.
• Take a lead role to ensure that both company and contractor resources are being utilized efficiently.
• Maintain all required documentation and perform project status reporting tasks as required by Project Manager and DCP.
• Perform various administrative tasks (review of field work tickets and invoices for accuracy and to ensure justification, collection/verification of time reports to verify contractor charges, etc.).
• Communicate and interact with other DCP employees, contractors, suppliers, and other stakeholders in a professional, businesslike manner at all times.
• Respond to rapidly-changing priorities, re-allocating resources and adjusting schedules as required to meet Company needs.
• High School degree or equivalent.
• Computer expertise including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to produce coherent and accurate reports and records.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering construction drawings.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations quickly and accurately.
Other Job Requirements:
• Applicant must have an excellent safety record and a thorough knowledge of safety rules and practices and must treat the safety of self and others as a top priority.
• Must have a history of working well as part of a team, maintaining professional relationships with internal and external customers.
• Must be extremely dependable and be able to work effectively under the stress of deadlines.
• Must have strong leadership skills in order to guide and coordinate work activities being performed by contract and Company personnel.
• Prefer individual be qualified as a certified welder but will also give consideration to other applicable general maintenance / construction experience.
• Prefer individual with extensive knowledge of industrial construction, including a familiarity with the proper installation of compression equipment and vessels, X-ray and hydrotesting practices, etc..
• Must be eager to learn, take pride in a job well done, and enjoy working hard.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record.
• Must be able to follow written or spoken instructions in English.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in midstream gas gathering / gas plant / pipeline or chemical plant construction.