We are the Cummins Power Generation experts! We have multiple opportunities available to meet expanding customer needs. If you like selling product - this is the opportunity for you.
Cummins Crosspoint, LLC is one of the largest distributors for Cummins engines, parts and service in the world. We are now accepting applications for a Commercial PG Sales Representative in our Nashville, TN location.
The Commercial PG Sales Rep is an outside sales role responsible for marketing, promoting and selling Cummins power generation products and services. This person creates new customer relationships, as well as strengthens and expands the existing customer base. This is a consultative sales role to develop long term partnerships with customers and ensure their business needs are met. As a consultant, the rep thoroughly reviews industrial power generation customer requirements, identifies practical solutions and provides a quotation for purchase (sell the Cummins Power of One). He or she also educates customer on products, applications and industry standards to ensure best in class service for our customers. Responsibilities
- Generate and develop customer accounts to increase sales.
- Assess customer needs by conducting a thorough interview and gaining a true understanding of their business need.
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; soliciting new accounts; building rapport; influencing design specifications; providing service information and explanations.
- Prepares quotations:
- Review new project requests, related technical documentation and system architecture (where possible).
- Determine/specify products and scope of work necessary to fulfill customer requirements.
- Establish a complete project price and respond to requests for quotations.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager to ensure all necessary project documentation is submitted prior to and after project initiation.
- Follow-up on project specific unit and component ordering, lead times and delivery schedules.
- Ensure that project data is recorded were necessary (ex. Open Order Report, PowerCom, Quote Log etc.).
- Maintain an accurate monthly sales forecast.
- Monitor project status and participate in scheduling when necessary.
- Monitor project financial performance.
- Communicate and resolve, or assist in resolving project problems and issues with customer.
- Establish and maintain a working knowledge of CPG products.
- Complete all assigned training (i.e., STAR, Safety, etc.)
- Complete – deliver all marketing initiatives (i.e., lunch & learns, strategic accounts and account development plans).
- Document sales activity in Siebel (CRM).
- Maintain professionalism, diplomacy, understanding, and courtesy in all customer interactions.
- A four (4) year technical degree (electrical engineering related a plus); with a minimum of five (5) years of industrial sales experience in a related industry.
- Drive to succeed and deliver outstanding sales and service to our customers.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Ability to identify customer needs and the best solutions to meet their needs.
- Ability to effectively present to individuals, small groups of managers, customers, vendors, and other employees.
- Ability to negotiate and close sales.
- Solid organizational skills with ability to research and problem solve (a “process thinker”).
- Knowledge of Cummins’ product line, engine sub-assemblies, engine parts, generator and generator parts, and other accessories is a plus.
- Ability to read and understand engineering (technical) drawings and specifications.
- Excellent computer skills (MSWord, Excel, etc.), with capability to learn and effectively use other software and generate routine reports and correspondence.
- 401K with employer match
- Continued training/education with tuition assistance
- Paid vacation/holidays/uniforms
- A competitive wage and much more.
We offer a growth opportunity for those who are willing to learn and develop their skills. To Apply
If interested, please apply online now. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. EOE/M/F/V/D Cummins Crosspoint, LLC participates in E-Verify Military friendly employer