This position includes the North area that includes, Zion, Waukegan and Lake Forest, IL. 4 Hospital coverage. Description
Provide your personal attention and kindness, professional insight, and a generosity of spirit. Offer expertise and encouragement. Enhance each patient’s future—as well as your own. Connect with your goals and change liveswith Fresenius Medical Care North America.
Here, we make connections that empower patients, their families, and our team members. As the global leader in dialysis healthcare, we form bonds that enable the best possible outcomes and professional satisfaction. While our extensive organization continues to grow, so do opportunities for our professionals to learn, grow, and advance. Why Join the Fresenius Team?
Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities you’ll find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North American market and extensive global network provide our employees with the best of both worlds—the friendliness of a local organization and the stability of a worldwide organization—for diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius Medical Care team, you’ll be welcomed into a company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our most important asset. Our career advantages include the following:
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation’s largest provider of renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at 1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare® quality control, and certification procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a professional.
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” in 2011.
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11 consecutive years.
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and community outreach programs.
Here is a rare opportunity to use a variety of skills and help others live better lives. The professional we select will ensure appropriate provision of acute dialysis services and treatments within assigned, contracted hospitals and facilities. This individual will coordinate, schedule, and direct acute patient care staff to provide coverage, and perform acute treatments. Providing day-to-day team guidance and support, this position ensures provision of related services, including continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT), hemoperfusion, peritoneal dialysis and plasmapheresis. PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements. DUTIES / ACTIVITIES
: CUSTOMER SERVICE:
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: General and Staff Related:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and schedule direct patient care staff to provide coverage of acute dialysis treatments in contracted hospitals/facilities and ensure efficient patient scheduling and staff utilization.
- Ensure all acute treatments are performed in contracted hospitals/facilities according to the established policies and procedures and in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirement and ensure accurate documentation of information related to patient treatment.
- Provide day to day guidance, support and direction to acute patient care staff, providing informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback input for the annual performance evaluation, if applicable. Participate in the department staffing and the appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions. Recommend disciplinary action to the Director Operations/Area Manager/Clinical Manager and initiate as appropriate.
- Ensure provision of dialysis related services such as Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT), hemoperfusion, peritoneal dialysis, and plasmapheresis as contracted.
- Acquire information in the latest developments of dialysis techniques (and dialysis related services, if applicable) by participating in all scheduled inservice classes.
- Develop, implement and maintain a Quality Assessment and Improvement (QAI) Program to ensure the provision of quality patient care and compliance with all Joint Commission and other regulatory requirements. Maintain documentation of all activities. Inform Director Operations/Area Manager/Clinical Manager of progress made in aspects of Acute Care Program.
- Participate in QAI meetings quarterly to assure proper reporting of acute QAI activities.
- Conduct and document acute staff meetings on a regular basis if appropriate.
- Ensure a proper orientation and training program for all acute staff. Ensure that continuing in-service is provided to all clinical and technical staff. Maintain documentation of all training.
- Assess daily patient care needs and communicate concerns to attending physician. Implement changes in patient care/treatment as directed.
- Perform acute treatments according to Direct Patient Care Staffing Ratio and oversee all dialysis related medical and emergency functions.
- Communicates with the physician and other members of the healthcare team to interpret, adjust, and complete patient care plans.
- Continuously monitor patient’s condition with regards to problems and potential complications associated with dialysis.
- Administer medications to patients per physician’s orders.
- Act as the subject matter expert and as a resource for staff members.
- Coordinate with appropriate technical staff to ensure preventative maintenance program for routine machine maintenance, to ensure the timely repair of disabled machines, to coordinate infection control measures, routine water culturing, water testing, logging of results, transportation of equipment and supplies, and communicate technical information to the staff.
- Ensure efficient utilization of supplies and equipment.
- When necessary, operate all dialysis related and emergency equipment safely and efficiently.
- Serve as liaison between the administrative staff of each hospital/facility and the FMS Area Manager/Clinical Manager.
- Collaborate with DO/AM and Market Development Group to grow acute program.
- Oversee all business office activities inclusive of treatment billing, payroll and purchase orders.
- Assure that all acute treatment logs are sent to the hospital/facility business office and the FMS Billing Group in a timely manner
- Submit required monthly reports to the DO/AM, Acute Care Manager, or Clinical Manager on a timely basis.
- Assure effective communications between hospital/facility and Regional Admission personnel.
- Practice cost containment strategies in all areas including medical supply inventory and personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.