For more than 130 years, the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies has been delivering exceptional property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals around the world.
Today, we are the 12th largest property and casualty insurer in the United States and have a worldwide network of some 120 offices in 26 countries staffed by 10,200 employees. The Chubb Corporation reported $50.4 billion in assets and $13.9 billion in revenues in 2013. According to Fortune magazine, Chubb is the 202nd largest U.S.-based corporation.
We have emerged as a leader in the insurance industry not only on the basis of our size or our longevity. We consistently strive to build lasting relationships with our customers and 8,500 independent agents and brokers, and we aim to be the best at what we do by delivering unparalleled service and innovative, scalable, and specialized products backed by financial strength and third-party endorsements.
Chubb is currently seeking an Inside Property Adjuster to join our team in our Western Claim Service Center in Phoenix, Arizona (AZ).
• Analyze first reports and promptly contacting insured/claimants for property claims.
• Effectively evaluate contract language and identify coverage issues.
• Promptly and appropriately develop the file to provide accurate and timely investigation and loss analysis.
• Maintain an active file diary to more file toward resolution.
• Recognize and pursue recovery.
• Adhere to all statutory and regulatory fair claims practices.
• Recognize and identify potential fraudulent claims.
• Effectively control the use, work product, and expenses of outside vendors.
• Effectively evaluate claim facts and negotiate claim settlements.
• Develop and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external customers.
• Serve as a technical resource to lesser experienced Adjusters on the team.
•Successfully contribute to the development and delivery of the team’s goals, objectives and results.
•Support workload surges and/or Catastrophe Operations as needed to include working overtime during designated CATs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Full knowledge of insurance contracts, investigation techniques, legal requirements, and insurance regulations a plus.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting information.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well in teams.
• Innovative thinker with ability to multi-task.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Very comfortable working with computers including taking notes while on the phone while toggling between different computer programs.
• Willing to be flexible in work hours (rotating late shift, occasional Saturday, overtime for CAT).
• Current Claims Adjuster licenses in one or more states preferred but must be willing to obtain additional state licensures.
You are required to obtain the adjuster licenses for the required states and obtain state certificates in the required states for the Chubb Claims Service Center within 90 days of hire. In the event you do not obtain a valid state adjuster license and meet the eligibility requirements your employment with Chubb may be terminated.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
• Minimum two years of property claims adjusting experience.
• Commercial claims adjusting preferred but not required.
Chubb prides itself on the ability to provide all employees with an extraordinary work environment which promotes a culture of inclusion with teamwork, diversity, and incentives. Chubb has been recognized as one of the top 50 companies for diversity by Diversity Inc. magazine, one of America's most admired companies by Forbes, and one of the top 100 companies to work for by Fortune.
Chubb’s compensation and benefit plans work together to create a Total Rewards Program for our employees that is among the best in our industry. As a global organization, we work hard to achieve our goal of providing flexible and competitive compensation and benefits packages in each local market in which we operate. Our goal is to exceed average market practices for our performers. For more information about Chubb and our benefits, visit our website at www.chubb.com.
Chubb & Son, Inc., a division of Federal Insurance Company, does not accept resumes from unsolicited third party agencies. No fees will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates in this manner.