The Controller will:
Perform, oversee and direct all daily accounting operations. Must possess proven ability to lead projects and teams. Also, the ability to prioritize, plan, motivate, manage and meet deadlines. This position will oversee 2 staff members (A/P and A/R) and reports directly to the General Manager and Corporate offices. Participates as an active member of The Executive Staff and requires Manager on Duty responsibilities. Forward thinker, how can we make the hotel more profitable?
Primary duties will be to oversee daily accounting operations, prepare budgets, control costs, collections and analyze monthly statements. Additional responsibilities:
1. Lead and manage the Accounting department including hotel purchasing and working with night audit.
2. Compile and analyze financing information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual statements, budget variance analysis, and cash flow analysis and balance sheet account and bank reconciliations.
3. Continuously manage budget, forecast and assist Department leaders as needed. Create budgets with Department heads.
4. A/P-monitors and reviews all purchases, sales and expenses of the hotel including reviewing all A/P invoices before sending to corporate while making sure all procedures are being met, i.e. PO's, correct approvals, receipt of merchandise and service, timely payment.
S. AIR-includes timely guest billings, collections, credit cards etc.
6. Payroll, timesheets, labor distribution and controlling labor versus occupancy.
7. Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues.
8. Monitor bank balances and work with lenders as needed
9. Engage, negotiate, review and implement vendor’s contracts, (including working with the City as needed)
10. Responsible for all employee banks and petty cash.
11. Financial analysis, comparison of comp sets etc.
12. Prepare lender compliance financial reports.
13. Ensure that all licenses and permits are current and in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
14. Assist and counsel all department heads in the interpretation of financial data and recommend courses of action to optimize profitability.
15. Develop, implement and monitor all financial policies and procedures and work department heads.
16. Organize financial date for tax returns and sale tax returns. Oversee all audits.
17. Property tax and personal property payments and analysis, property protests, insurance renewals
18. Function as the Direct Liaison for our IT Business Partner
19. Provide training to all accounting personnel to do their jobs effectively
20. Ensuring all reports are send to corporate and lead meetings.