Our client has an exciting contract opportunity for a Senior SQL Developer in downtown Chicago! This would involve working with a heavy amount of data on a daily basis as well as being client facing. Our client manages several types of marketing strategies for their large clients around the world. They are located in the heart of the Chicago Loop area, only a few blocks away from the train station with a great work environment.
The SQL Developer will be building and modifying SSIS packages as well as building some SSAS cubes. A strong knowledge of ETL processes and data is required for this role.
The SQL Developer is responsible for the design, development and on-going maintenance of all ETL and reporting for an assigned client across media types. This includes developing and managing SQL database and reporting services methodologies for tracking, identifying and problem-solving for issues, interpreting and presenting program results and insights, and ultimately working towards the development of a data-driven analysis approach for clients.
This position requires a SQL Developer that can manage multiple tasks at once and independently manage their own time. This person must be intellectually curious, be adept in database and dashboarding technologies, have the ability to mine data to answer complex questions and be able to clearly communicate findings. Attention to process and detail is a must.
Analysis & Reporting
- Design and implement custom SSIS Package on a project-by-project basis
- Strong and proven SSIS skills, store procedure, configuration files, tables, views, and functions; implement best practices to maintain optimal performance.
- Demonstrated expertise in ETL
- Strong TSQL skills. Create and analyze complex queries.
- SSRS skills is big plus
- Good understanding of IIS and web architecture
- Good understanding of Database tuning and query optimization in SQL Server 2008R
- Working with account and client teams to identify and resolve issues that arise throughout the duration of a campaign with regards to data capture
- Develop and execute processes for accurate data capture implementation across all assigned campaign projects
- Develop and manage performance, integrity and security of databases, scheduled packages, backup and recovery plans
- Strategic Planning with various teams
- Understand, translate, and provide POV for new sources/vendors/ opportunities for data collection
Sorry, the client does not provide Sponsorship for this opportunity. Please reach out to discuss more at email@example.com