State and Local Tax Senior Manager - San Francisco - 8660ID:
US-CA-San FranciscoFirm Services:
Tax Consulting - State and Local Tax Services
Regular Full-TimeMore information about this opportunity:Company Overview:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.Position Summary:
As a State and Local Tax (SALT) income franchise Senior Manager - you will be responsible for building San Francisco's State and Local Tax practice, developing new business in the California marketplace and serving existing clients.Responsibilities:
- Manage, direct and monitor multiple client engagements as well as serve as a business advisor to the client.
- Review information presented on state income tax returns before, during, and after preparation
- Formulate and deliver innovative tax planning and tax savings strategies.
- Research and consult on complex tax matters.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
- Work with state-of-the-art equipment.Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree required.
- 9-13 years of consulting experience preferably in public services firm.
- CPA, JD or CMI required.
- Excellent business development skills
- Ability to manage and grow strong client relationships.
- Effective writing, communication and tax research skills.
- Advanced degrees or certifications are a plus.
- Proven ability to develop and mentor State and Local Tax professionals
- A working understanding of income/franchise and property taxes is helpful.