Trinity Industries, Inc. headquartered in Dallas, Texas is a diversified industrial company that owns a variety of market-leading businesses which provide products and services to the industrial, energy, transportation, and construction sectors. Trinity reports its financial results in five principal business segments: the Rail Group, the Railcar Leasing and Management Services Group, the Inland Barge Group, the Construction Products Group and the Energy Equipment Group. Trinity’s businesses provide capital goods and services ranging from railcars to barges, construction materials to propane tanks, highway guardrail to structural wind towers, railcar parts to crash cushions, and railcar leasing and management services.
Trinity’s vision is to be a premier, multi-industry growth company that generates superior earnings and returns for its shareholders, and to offer a safe, productive and challenging work environment for our employees.
Trinity Central Maintenance is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Maintenance Administrative Support in our Dallas, Texas office! We welcome your ideas and your outstanding work ethic. Join our team today and be a part of Helping to Build America. ™
In this role, you will provide administrative project or process support to relieve and assist department/plant managers or staff of administrative details and duties. In this position you will spend the majority of your work day outside. Must be capable of working in inclement weather. Candidate must be able to operate a forkfilt and transport material between facility locations using mobile and stationary material handling equipment. Additional responsibilities may include general department duties such as ordering office supplies, sorting mail, making travel arrangement and scheduling meetings, etc., as well as executing and reporting on research and data analysis projects. You may be required to coordinate activities between departments and/or outside parties. You will interact with company personnel at all organizational levels. This position may be required to perform duties of a critical or confidential nature.
- Keeps records of scrap and scrap track logs.
- Sends accounting a monthly copy of the scrap track log.
- Checks and releases bins to insure hazardous waste, PCB’s, CFC’s, or other unacceptable material.
- Keeps record of copper processing and plant allocation.
- Makes quarterly report of payback to each plant.
- Verifies weights of copper at scale.
- Tags each container and verifies all on load leaving the plant.
- Verifies copper weight tickets back to scrap log and scrap log ticket report matches to work orders.
- Tracks production and shipment of parts.
- Matches receiving documents to PO’s and verifies receipts and logs into a receiving program.
- Makes monthly spreadsheet of absence tracking report.
- Makes transfers and disposition reports for assets and send to accounting as required.
- Obtains quotes and issues PO’s for parts.
- Logs and creates a report on a monthly basis for yard equipment and vehicle mileage.
- Must be able to drive and operate a forklift
- Must be confortable working outside in inclement weather.
- Broad fully competent job knowledge/skill
- Functional proficiency
- Determines and develops approaches to assignments and processes
- Assignments require use of planning and judgment
- Requires instruction only on new assignments
- Substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks including standard business applications and tools
- Work routines are moderately complex
- May operate specialized equipment
- Assignments are moderately complex and require planning and judgment
- Solves a broad range of problems varying in scope and complexity
- Coordinates information and activities with other team members
- May coordinate or exchange information with third parties, vendors, or customers
- May provide work direction or task training to other team members
Why Join Trinity? Trinity welcomes diversity in the workplace; bring your new ideas and fresh approach to our stellar team. You will enjoy competitive pay, company paid vacation, sick time, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays; as well as, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Trinity rewards your healthy lifestyle by offering non-tobacco users extra vacation in addition to a very affordable rate on your insurance benefits! We believe in family, and you will enjoy a great work life balance and be given the opportunity to join Trinity in giving back to our community by participating in our charity events, with a company match of your donations.
Trinity Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Employment will be contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions may also require a pre-employment physical/medical exam. The successful candidate must also meet all work eligibility requirements.