Light Routing Mostly protocols
- Heavy Switching Cisco Nexus Platform 6500 series
- ASA or Pix Firewall: Create Rules, Manage Rules, Basic Upgrades
- F5 is a must
- DHCP/DNS using Infoblox: Nice to Have
- Experience with IPV6: Nice to Have
- HTTP Codes: Nice to Have
- RATE: $75 TO $80
- Perm Salary: $105K
Candidates with too much Telco experience may not be the best fit as we need our Engineers to work closely with the Development teams.
Information Technology Overview
The Washington Information Technology department at the American Chemical Society seeks to provide high quality technical guidance and support for all systems needs both for the Society members and for our internal customers. We provide desktop systems support, development and management of new systems implementation and management of a wide-area networking infrastructure that serves our customers. Through these means, we aim to provide excellent access to Society information to further the goals of the Society.
As a member of the Enterprise Systems Team, the incumbent in this position is responsible for maintaining and enhancing ACS Washington s network and audio/visual infrastructure. The computer network environment hosts a heterogeneous mix of computing hardware and software platforms, including servers and workstations, and COTS and custom software applications. The incumbent reports to the Manager, Networking and is tasked with implementing solutions for the network and supporting network related technology. The incumbent also works with the team lead for technical direction. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining ACS s network hardware (routers, switches, firewalls, WAN optimizers, NAC, IPS, Video Teleconferencing, VPN and ADC s) as well as network related services (DNS and DHCP) and network monitor tools (NetQos, Extrahop and Orion). This is a senior position in which customer service and networking skills are well developed.
Work Design: Works under general managerial direction on goals and objectives that have a significant impact on the organization. Regularly provides performance reports and status. Work with experience to guide actions. Assure that day-to-day network operations are reliable and efficient. Provide excellent customer support. Recommend solutions to a variety of problems.
1. Performs ongoing network maintenance, diagnostics, administration and design for 1,000+ nodes, multiple location environments.
2. Troubleshoot network related issues.
3. Work with ACS support staff to provide prompt resolution of staff network problems and requests
4. Administers DNS/DHCP services.
5. Administers firewalls, VPN firewall appliances and IPS systems.
6. Collaborates with Windows, Storage, UNIX and application development teams to determine their network needs.
7. Works with security teams to ensure that all network components are PCI compliant.
8. Administers switches, routers, WAN optimization, ADC s, Cisco VTC and TACACS
9. Works with ISPs to ensure reliable Internet connectivity and performance.
10. Services will be required outside of core working hours. Minimum travel may be required.
College degree or equivalent experience: 5+ years of hands-on network infrastructure experience. Demonstrated experience with Cisco firewalls, switches, routers, wireless and VPN is required. Good experience in routing protocols, DNS and DHCP is required. Experience with Linux and/or Windows is required. Excellent troubleshooting and research skills are required. Strong interpersonal skills and innovative work practices are required. Experience with network monitoring tools is required. Network infrastructure design experience preferred. Experience with WAN optimizers, IPS, and NAC are preferred. Experience with F5 BigIP and Cisco Video Teleconferencing is a plus.