MARKETING MANAGER, CLIENT STRATEGY'S PURPOSE:
The Marketing Manager, Client Strategy is responsible for the management of integrated marketing solutions, media planning, digital and mobile solutions, research, analysis, ad concepts, creative solutions and strategy based on market specific industry and core customer information for specified clients; taking the gathered information in combination with audience based selling principles and applying it to recommendations for such clients in the form of data, ad design, digital and creative solutions and sales presentations to grow and/or maintain existing revenue and drive measurable results. Work together with advertising sales key account executives to build integrated marketing client solutions proposals to achieve annual segment and incremental revenue targets. Together with key account executives manage pipeline development performing necessary research, needs analysis within specific industries and compiling core customer information for specified key account segments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
Work in tandem with key account executives, digital specialists and account managers to build a continuous pipeline of sales prospects and building strategies to maximize revenue potential within designated segment for local market.
• Collaborate with advertising sales and marketing teams to understand client business needs to include client meetings to identify advertiser’s needs, utilize research and data to create compelling recommendations and aid in the development of creative execution of marketing campaigns.
• Perform in-depth analysis of data to identify opportunities to increase market share and incorporate knowledge of local market and Gannett suite of products, especially digital, mobile and DMS solutions. Fully understand audience based selling principles including how to apply audience analysis and knowledge in conjunction with research data for creative execution and overall strategy. Prepare and lead client presentations and/or proposals to include research and analysis data as needed.
• Develop sales development training programs as well as research-based data to advertising sales team.
• Work closely with Insights & Analytics team to utilize local and national research tools and programs to compile and analyze data
• Build presentations and present information, research, ad concepts or other elements to clients
• Highly proficient in digital media & digital marketing solutions and how advertisers can utilize digital marketing to drive results for their businesses
• Develop and grow relationships with key assigned advertising clients
• Produce creative briefs and work with creative teams on message development
REQUIRED SKILLS + ABILITIES
Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business or related field (Note: A comparable combination of education/experience and/or training will be considered equivalent to the education listed).
5+ years of Strategic marketing, Media planning, Digital Marketing, Market research, Sales management experience.
- Strategic capabilities, technical marketing, digital marketing, media planning & research skills, interpersonal collaboration skills, and solid sales management understanding.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Solid background in market research and application.
- Considered thought-leader in digital/social media marketing and stays current on digital marketing trends.
- Ability to pull and analyze research and develop effective marketing presentations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, superior PowerPoint (or similar) presentation skills.
- Must be organized and have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic Marketing Professional with superior relationship management skills, strong project management, and well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Previous advertising agency experience prefered.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Connect on LinkedIn