About G/O Digital, A Gannett Company (GCI)
Our Vision: To Transform Local Marketing
We help businesses, big & small #WinLocal. For Small and Medium Sized Businesses (SMBs), G/O Digital is a one-stop-shop for local businesses looking to connect with consumers through digital marketing. For National Brands and Agencies, we transform content into commerce. The G/O Digital premise is simple: whether you’re a big brand marketer or local business owner, we deliver a simple suite of digital marketing solutions to connect with consumers locally in a meaningful, personal way that drives measureable results.
G/O Digital, offers a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture in a growing division of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), an international media and marketing solutions company that reaches more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties
More about G/O Digital
See the G/O Digital Announcement in Ad Age
Success at G/O Digital requires the following personal attributes:
• You have a passion for digital marketing, innovation & start-up culture.
• You thrive in fast-paced environments, are flexible and able to roll with changing scenarios.
• You’re a change agent: see ‘ambiguity’ as an opportunity as opposed to a hurdle, thrive on challenging yourself to push beyond conventional thinking.
• You’re a problem solver: make things happen & work well with others to build constructive & effective relationships
• You seek initiative: volunteer readily; undertake self-development activities; seek increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks.
• You’re detail-oriented, someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done.
• You have the intellectual curiosity to surface insights & implications and use this knowledge to think creatively about solutions.
This role is based in Jacksonville, FL. The G/O Digital Territory Sales Executive - Outside Sales is responsible for selling the company’s G/O Digital Solutions Suite into the local SMB market. That includes SEO, PPC, SEM, Daily Deals, E-mail Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Social Media, Web Dev, and Retargeting. This person will report into a Regional Sales Director and will be responsible for selling the full G/O Digitals Solutions Suite to local advertisers/merchants within a defined geographic area (local market).
For this role, we seek a seasoned Sales Executive who has a hunter-type mentality as well as managerial skills to assist traditional media sellers in securing digital revenue. Our digital marketing solutions help SMB’s to, a), drive better overall sales and marketing intelligence/insight into their businesses; b), acquire more new customers, c), retain more existing customer relationships; d) expand their revenues with existing customers, e), drive new revenue streams through better execution of their marketing & lead generation campaigns and programs; and take marketing operational costs out of their business, thus, driving better marketing ROI.
The right person for this role will be able to understand client and prospect business goals; will be working in a team selling environment - sometimes as a digital marketing SME amongst a group of traditional media sellers, while at other times acting as an individual contributor; recognize buying signals/selling opportunities, and present G/O Digital Marketing Solutions and programs that are clearly superior to the marketing programs a client/prospect currently has in place. This role is a blend of developing business from prospects within a defined geography as well as driving new digital revenue through the relationships of their assigned traditional media sales teams to leverage those existing client relationships,
Job Responsibilities: The Position
- Create, implement & execute on a Sales Territory/Account Plan to drive G/O Digital’s direct sales efforts & revenue results in an assigned local market territory
- Work as an individual contributor and also in a collaborative manner within your assigned sales territory to assist traditional media sellers in selling digital solutions
- Meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Develop lasting account relationships with SMB type prospects in a local market territory
- Maximize cross selling opportunities within targeted existing Gannett client relationships
- Work independently from, & alongside, Gannett Affiliate (Clipper) Advertising & Digital sales reps – selling jointly the G/O Digital Solution suite
- Work with G/O Digital account management and Gannett Affiliate (Clipper) sales advertising reps to maintain a robust pipeline of new opportunities managed in SF.com
- Lead all aspects of the G/O Digital Solution sales effort - from initial qualification of a prospect thru the execution of contracts and hand offs upon conclusion of the sale
- Perform extensive needs assessments with prospects (acquisition), and existing customers (cross sell) to determine how G/O Digital can offer the best solutions that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the SMB’s marketing programs
- Deliver compelling presentations and product demonstrations that highlight G/O Digital’s competitive advantages and superior marketing ROI for prospects/clients
- Develop needs-based solution proposals and resolve any post-proposal challenges with initial on-boarding of new clients
- Fully understand, and effectively articulate the features, competitive advantages, and applications of G/O Digital’s solutions (competitive positioning) to prospects/clients
- Identify, organize and focus G/O Digital’s internal resources (pre-sales and post sales) that are required to affect closure of new sales opportunities
- Stay abreast of industry news, competition and consumer trends, being the SMB/ Digital Marketing resident SME
- Train your assigned traditional (Clipper) media sellers in best practices in digital media to assist in their learning of the online space
- Minimum 3-5 years sales experience as an individual contributor in a sales (hunter) role
- Experience as a team lead or similar sales manager experience in the digital space
- Digital Sales background (i.e. paid search, social, email, mobile, and daily deals)
- Experience selling into the SMB (B2B) market
- Consultative/Solutions/ROI selling experience vs. a single Product selling background
- Proven track record in meeting/exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Consistent performer and responder to daily, weekly and monthly Sales KPI’s
- Technically proficient in CRM, Campaign Management and Marketing related reporting tools
- Demonstrated & quantifiable history of meeting and exceeding annual sales objectives
- Demonstrated experience in selling services via a consultative selling methodology
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate compelling value propositions for G/O Digital’s digital marketing solutions
- Technically proficient in CRM, Campaign Mgt and Marketing related reporting tools
- Superior knowledge of new/emerging digital advertising technologies and techniques
- Strong presentation skills
- Regional travel estimated to be 25% of the time
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required; advanced degree a plus
For the right candidate G/O Digital offers
• A dynamic, entrepreneurial culture
• Competitive compensation & benefits
G/O Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.