For over 150 years, PNC has grown into one of America's most respected banks, because we're committed to helping customers and employees reach their goals. You can depend on PNC to provide the training you need, along with an inclusive culture that recognizes your talent, values diversity and cares about social responsibility. Working with us means having an opportunity you can feel good about, with a Fortune 200 company that's been selected as a 'Great Place To Work' by Gallup.
As a Software Engineer Lead , you will join PNC's Information Technology group, and will be instrumental in helping to maintain PNC's reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations.
Working under broad guidance, your team and area will be responsible for performing application software development for system enhancements potentially across a variety of technology platforms. You will also augment your skills on such projects as system enhancements and operational and technical support for routine and non-complex system functions for our Lines of Business (LOB) service partners. You will develop complex application software for system enhancements and assess and determine design considerations including application programs. You may also modify databases, client reports, internal reports, and online presentations. This position will be located in Pittsburgh.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an IT-related field
- 7-10 years related experience
- Possess an expert and thorough understanding of IT concepts including database concepts structures, software/application development techniques and testing techniques
- Expert and thorough understanding of core technologies contained within the LOB application supported
- Professional experience with planning, designing, developing, and deploying production applications (multiple platforms experience preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management and teams
PeopleSoft Financial Applications v9.1 (GL, AP, AM, PC)
PeopleSoft Security Administration
PeopeSoft Server Administration
PeopleSoft Application Designer
PeopleTools 8.52 or greater
Knowldege of JCL and COBOL a plus, but not required