As part of the audit team, the In-Charge or Senior Associate will be responsible for:
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Preparing all necessary financial statement and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Developing an understanding of client's business, and becoming a 'functional expert' in the area. Keeping lines of communication open with staff and clients.
- Supervising engagement team as needed.
- Monitoring and reporting regarding the productivity of staff, and adherence to work plan schedules on each assignment.
- Keeping abreast of latest developments and ensuring professional development through ongoing education.
- Anticipating and addressing client concerns and escalating problems as they arise.
- Recognizing and informing senior management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients.
- The position offers an opportunity to work with a diverse client base.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or closely related field.
Experience auditing Financial Service clients (depository institutions, specialty finance companies and funds).
2-4 years public accounting experience as an audit professional.
- CPA or demonstrated progress toward obtaining CPA certification.
- Understanding of audit services with knowledge of FASB regulations, GAAS, and GAAP.