The Regional Customer Manager is responsible for identifying and leading national, regional and local needs and opportunities. This innovative role will be responsible for cultivating enhanced access and utilization of the product portfolio throughout regional marketplaces and aligning to the customer’s needs. The Regional Customer Manager will bridge the demands and agendas of both internal and external customers to operationalize and capitalize on opportunities in traditional and untraditional sales channels.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Strategic analysis, development of key measurements and resource allocation. Work with Regional Sales Directors, District Sales Managers and Sales Professionals to ascertain where the opportunities lie, how to measure their productivity and what the best resource allocation in their respective markets should be.
2. Engage key external stakeholders that are significant to the success of the business portfolio. The Regional Customer Manager will work with external stakeholders that are important to the success of the brand and are not a direct or profit generating priority for the strategy of the brand (School Nurses, local Advocacy Groups, Society Contacts, Emergency Room, Business Mapping, Key Medical Groups, Hospital, etc).
3. Serve as a liaison for cross-functional teams with the overriding goal of improving collaboration with the Sanofi organization. Work to improve communication of priorities and working relationship with cross functional partners (Change Agent, Account Executives, Trade, Pharmacy Team, State Legislative Team, Diabetes, Genzyme, Pasteur, etc).
4. Identify and reinforce brand strategies, opportunities and innovation in local marketplaces. Help to support the execution of key strategies and objectives with District Sales Managers and Sales Professionals in the local marketplaces.
5. Garner market insights and key learning’s to develop launch excellence capabilities for future products and BD opportunities.
6. This individual will have a high degree of working knowledge of Accountable Care Organizations (ACO), Independent Delivery Networks (IDN) and Medical Homes and how they affect markets within the Region. They will be subject matter experts on the Affordable Care Act and how legislation will affect respective markets within the Region to provide guidance and insight into promoting products in the current and future environment.
7. Enhance and optimize engagement within the business by pulling through cultural initiatives to positively impact overall performance.
8. Assist RSD to create and implement processes that will allow us to train and sustain an environment of continuous improvement