Is this you? Finance “wiz.” Detail oriented. Analytical. If so, then look no
further – your new career as a Financial Analyst awaits you at Manitowoc Cranes* in Shady Grove, PA.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to provide detailed analytical support to Product Line and GMO/GPSC organizations in the areas of plant performance, product cost and project cost under the direction of Plant Operations Controller. In addition, be responsible for compilation, organization and analysis of large volumes of financial data, analyzing past performance, identifying trends and cause/effect relationships as well as the reporting and monitoring of project performance.
If you’re up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride and satisfaction.
• Support development of Operating budgets by compiling historical data, assessing impact of volume changes and quantifying impact of initiatives on prior period costs.
• Analyze inputs to inventory projections and factory/purchasing variances, ensuring details for KPI reporting are understood and documented.
• Monitor/analyze details of assigned elements of manufacturing & purchasing variances and Raw/WIP inventory.
• Identify root cause and provide feedback to responsible functional managers.
• Support the development of actions plans to correct unfavorable conditions.
• Support Controllership organization with inputs they require to close books accurately.
• Execute annual standard cost roll for plant (Crane and Crane Care if applicable).
• Analyze material, labor hours and $ and overhead costs against prior year and Plan target and support review with local leadership team.
• Participate as Finance team member on IPD projects assigned.
• Provide team with cost calculations and analysis of new product and/or sub-system cost vs. existing products and target costs of new product.
• Compile/validate inputs to Cost Walk, IPD financial plans and EVA analysis
• Compile/validate IPC costing and Price List option costs
• Support product cost evolution analysis for product lines assigned by compiling details of material, labor and O/H costs by model.
• Establish and maintain consistent baseline 'typical units' across periods.
• Develop tools/processes to identify and communicate root cause of major cost changes period to period.
• Link impact of factory/product line initiatives to cost evolution.
• Participate as Finance team member of project teams supporting facility and product line based projects for Lean, vertical integration (make vs. buy), CAPEX, etc... by compiling/organizing baseline costs, identifying/validating proposed impacts and documenting changes to future business plans/re-estimates.
• Support follow up audits of results and tracking of actual performance.
• Compile/organize baseline data (costs, volumes, activity drivers) for Supply Chain optimization initiatives.
• Monitor and report post implementation results.
• Participate in Value Stream mapping/Kaizen events for Product Line/facility as Finance representative.
• Ensure appropriate application of financial concepts, tools and control mechanisms.
• Develop detailed knowledge of SAP CO module and global crane group analytical tools.