ASM is a growing company in the dynamic semiconductor industry. ASM America's corporate office is located in Phoenix, AZ. Our Global Training Center is also located in Phoenix, AZ. We offer competitive pay and a competitive benefits package. Our benefits package offers health insurance, dental insurance, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, educational assistance, fitness reimbursement and 401(k) with employer match.
ASM is a public company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange. Symbol: ASMI.
ASM America is currently seeking a Process Engineer II for our Phoenix office. The primary functions of the position are:
Develop semiconductor Epi films to meet the requirements of semiconductor devices through sharing of relevant knowledge and contributing creative and imaginative inputs to (1) process development, (2) product improvement including design.
Generate innovative process solutions to address critical process problems - Maintain pace with key inflections in the semiconductor industry and drive process development efforts to develop innovative solutions for opportunities created by the inflections. Technical publications and creation of IP is essential function of this position.
With direct coordination of department manager and review of appropriate level of HR management, may be assigned supervisory duties over supporting process engineering technicians and aides. These supervisory duties will include direct input into employees’ performance evaluations, discipline and discharge.
General Description and Duties of Position:
- Works with semiconductor processing equipment to research, develop and optimize unit processes focused on the deposition of Epitaxial films
- Designs and conducts experiments, in addition to measuring and interpreting experimental output, aimed at fulfilling stated objectives using DOEs
- Participates in and drives technical problem solving sessions using the scientific method and industry tools
- Takes an hands-on approach to solving process & equipment issues in a cross functional team environment
- Works with customers and marketing to understand and define requirements in order to successfully execute and document customer demonstrations.
- Develops methods and techniques for integrating Epitaxial films into existing and future device technologies.
- Ensures successful process transfer to customer base by performing demonstrations, training field applications personnel, traveling to support remote sites (up to 10% travel required), and drafting documentation regarding process development.
- Produces technical papers on process, equipment, and device integration improvement strategies and presents to professional audience.
Advanced degree (MS or Ph.D) in Chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, electrical engineering, or physics with seven (5+) years experience in semiconductor industry.
Equivalent combination of education and experience for which comparable knowledge, skills and ability has been achieved in the areas of processing, developing and characterizing Epitaxial films deposited CVD / MBE techniques. Knowledge of plasma physics and concepts as it relates to deposition processes is a plus.
Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated knowledge and experience in the growth and characterization of Epitaxial films such as Si, SiGe, III-V and related materials.
Fundamental knowhow of semiconductor devices & process integration is desirable.
- Ability to independently initiate & manage complex process development projects, including personnel, project schedules, and experimental plans while maintaining fiscal responsibility
- Understanding of semiconductor Epitaxial film deposition processes and associated analysis of film properties
- Demonstrated ability to develop and characterize deposition processes using first-principles and experimental design techniques (e.g. DOE).
- Experience in interpretation of results from materials characterization techniques such as XPS, SIMS, RBS, AFM, XRD, HRTEM, FESEM, Auger, Raman and ellipsometry.
- Thought leadership in developing novel ideas and validating them through good experimental design approaches in a team environment
- Ability to be a process consultant to internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to clearly communicate / present advanced technical constructs in direct and concise manner.
- Knowledge of device physics and process integration is a plus