Trinity Industries, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a diversified industrial company that owns market-leading businesses which provide products and services to the energy, transportation, chemical, and construction sectors. Trinity reports its financial results in five principal business segments: the Rail Group, the Railcar Leasing and Management Services Group, the Inland Barge Group, the Construction Products Group and the Energy Equipment Group. Trinity’s businesses provide industrial products and services ranging from railcars, barges, storage containers, and aggregates to highway products, structural wind towers, railcar parts, and railcar leasing and management services.
Trinity’s vision is to be a premier, diversified industrial company that owns market-leading businesses which provide superior products and services to customers while generating high-quality earnings and returns for shareholders.
Trinity Logistics is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Freight Broker Agent in our Dallas, Texas location! We welcome your ideas and your outstanding work ethic. Join our team today and be a part of Helping to Build America. ™
In this role, you will procure and broker freight within the guidelines set forth by Trinity Logistics Group, Inc. and Federal Regulations. To provide quality transportation solutions for customers, utilizing partner carriers that will meet or exceed the customer’s expectation.
- Broker freight to partner carriers who will meet or exceed service and safety standards.
- Will dispatch trucks and secure backhauls for Trinity Logistics Group trucks.
- Negotiate rates with partner carriers with an eye on maximizing margins.
- Ensure all carriers and freight moved complies with federal regulations.
- Provide exemplary customer service to customer base and partner carriers.
- Resolve operational conflicts with or between customers, carriers, shippers and receivers.
- Be proactive in dealing with partner carriers and customers.
- Settle disputes with partner carriers on pay issues.
- Continually probe for more sales opportunities with carriers via telephone.
- Continually research and negotiate with for hire carriers to increase partner carrier base.
- Ensure concise and timely input of data into computer system as well as update and/or generate reports to track activities
- Work closely with all other departments and operations within Trinity Industries, Inc. in order to increase revenues, hold down cost, increase total market share, and resolve customer and/or carrier issues.
- Conduct him/herself in a professional manner at all times when representing Trinity Logistics Group, both inside the office and in public. This professional demeanor extends to written correspondence generated (traditional or electronic) and verbal conversation whether in-person or via telephone.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree with two to four years related experience and/or training
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Ability to speak proficiently in English and Spanish preferred
- Experience with TMW and PeopleNet a plus
Why Join Trinity? Trinity welcomes diversity in the workplace; bring your new ideas to our stellar team. You will enjoy competitive pay, company paid vacation, sick time, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays; as well as, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Trinity rewards your healthy lifestyle by offering non-tobacco users extra vacation in addition to a very affordable rate on your insurance benefits! We believe in family, and you will enjoy a great work life balance and be given the opportunity to join Trinity in giving back to our community by participating in our charity events, with a company match of your donations.
Learn more about Trinity at TrinityCareers.com and connect with us on Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Pinterest!
Trinity Industries, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply online. Employment will be contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions may also require a pre-employment physical/medical exam. The successful candidate must also meet all work eligibility requirements.