Federal Mogul is seeking an experience Plant Human Resources Manager for their locations in Northwestern Indiana and Western Virginia! Relocation assistance is available.
This HR Manager generalist position is for the managing the HR functions in either union or non-union manufacturing facility.
The successful candidate will must have a strong working knowledge of the specific principles and procedures of Human Resources management, including, but not limited to labor relations, contract administration, recruitment, comp & benefits administration, human resources policy creation and implementation, performance appraisal management, regulatory compliance, and positive employee relations.
Some key traits of the successful candidate will include:
- Ability to push and drive initiatives and policies while being a champion for consistency throughout the organization
- Team builder and strategic partner
- Tenacious yet adaptable
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities (juggling of multiple projects) and organizational skills
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Coaching and mentoring of HR Representative and management staff
Job responsibilities include:
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants, either internally or externally for hourly and salaried positions including production, professional and technical positions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation and employee relations.
- Conducts exit interviews and analyze data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Facilitates and/or provides training to the workforce.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints.
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job related requirements.
- Represent the facility in any unemployment claims determination, workers' compensation claims, and EEOC claims
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The qualified candidate will have:
o Human Resources or Labor Relations Management disciplines preferred
- 4+ years of experience Human Resources experience in a plant environment
- 2+ years of experience managing in a union/non-union environment