Food Team is seeking highly experienced cooks of all talents for part time and full time opportunities throughout the Columbus, Ohio and outlying areas. If you have a passion for cooking and you are available immediately for additional work, then we need your talent. Please apply now and learn about our upcoming events and long term opportunities.
All Team Staffing’s Food Team Division is the nation’s premiere staffing agency for the food service and hospitality industries. Food Team provides employment opportunities for temporary, part time and full time assignments for hotels, country clubs, sporting events, business cafeterias (Mon-Fri!!!), banquet centers, catering companies, casinos, schools, hospitals, etc. With Food Team you can work at high profile events such as the Super Bowl, Auto Racing events, PGA and Major golf tournaments, Presidential dinners and inaugurations, the World Series and day to day food service operations all in the same month!
As a cook you will have responsibility of food production in the kitchen operations. These positions play an integral role in managing the food production operations while ensuring client and customer service. This successful leader must have the ability to work in a diverse work environment while remaining focused on client and customer satisfaction. Utilize your hospitality acumen to provide guests with gracious and unforgettable service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Report to shift on time. If unable to report for work, notify manager in adequate time frame as outlined in employee handbook
• Report to work neatly groomed and in an appropriate uniform, as outlined in the employee handbook
• Prepare large quantities of food, following standardized recipes, within required production schedule and sanitation standards.
• Consistently practice key sanitation procedures and policies, especially hand washing, dish washing, proper food storage and maintaining appropriate temperature of foods
• Maintain positive communication with other service personnel, and assist others as needed
• Comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage department
• Make lead cook or on-site supervisor aware of all guest comments and/or complaints
• Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to supervisor immediately
• Complete additional tasks delegated by your Captain and/or On-site Supervisor as priorities, business volumes, and staff levels demand
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY REQUIRE COOKS TO
• Attend pre-event staff meetings facility tours and/or training
• Prepare food products according to company standards and specifications
• Bring and carry tools necessary to perform job
• Provide leadership in culinary production, operations and procurement
• Plan menus for daily food service operations
• Develop culinary team members through appropriate coaching, training, and mentoring.
• Maintain compliance standards for meal service, food quality, and task performance.
• Perform daily audits of safety, sanitation, food quality, meal delivery at point of service, and quality standards to optimize financial and operational productivity.