The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC) is one of the nation's largest diversified financial services organizations with assets of $323 billion. PNC, operating primarily in 19 states and the District of Columbia, provides retail and business banking; residential mortgage banking; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management.
We are seeking an experienced lawyer to join the legal team that supports the treasury management business at PNC. This position will be responsible for providing general legal support to the business, and may include a primary focus on assigned geographies as well as particular products.
This attorney will be expected to handle a large volume of matters arising out of the treasury management business. This will involve providing legal advice to treasury management senior managers, sales officers, product managers and members of Operations on a variety of matters of varying complexity to assist them in resolving and/or managing legal issues and in achieving their business goals. Primary tasks include counseling the business on product development and other new business initiatives, drafting, reviewing and negotiating customer and vendor agreements, handling customer disputes, reviewing marketing materials, conducting training for the business on selected topics, and monitoring and advising the business on legislative and regulatory changes applicable to the treasury management business, and changes to NACHA and other payment system rules. In all of these activities, the job requires the ability to identify risks to the company and practical ways to effectively address those risks. This position will also entail involvement in special projects and assignments as needed.
This position requires the following areas of experience/expertise:
* General knowledge of banking law, as well as knowledge of Articles 3, 4 and 4A of the Uniform Commercial Code.
* Familiarity and experience with legal issues arising out of payment systems and cash management services such as wire transfer, ACH, lockbox operations and receivables processing, use of check images, etc. are required.
* Strong contract drafting, negotiating, and issue-spotting skills are necessary. Knowledge of government contracting issues is a plus.
* Meaningful experience with payment systems and cash management services outside the U.S. is an important consideration for this position.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and credentials:
* J.D. degree from an accredited law school.
* Currently licensed to practice in the courts of one or more states
* Generally has ten plus years of experience. Must have demonstrated ability to fulfill designated responsibilities.
* Demonstrated strong judgment, legal analysis and oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with line of business managers and other attorneys in receiving and transmitting information.
* Uses knowledge of legislation, regulations and case law affecting practice area in order to provide practical legal advice, develop policies and practices and ensure regulatory and legal compliance.
* Has the ability to provide the appropriate level of guidance and oversight to less experienced attorneys, paralegals and administrative staff.
* Has ability to represent PNC effectively in interaction with external counsel for PNC and with counsel for representing other parties.
* Performs work with minimal supervision and in performing work exercises independent judgment and discretion.