JOB SUMMARY: Markets and sells company products to business and industrial establishments at customer's place of business by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Submits sales activity report, including weekly itineraries and other reports as requested, to Area Sales Manager on a regular schedule.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from various sources.
- Actively pursues and acquires, on an on-going basis, new and competitive accounts with emphasis on gases business and product sale agreements.
- Work with functional product sales specialists (safety, bulk, specialty gas, medical) to grow sales within territory among new and existing customers.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or performs same with customers by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product to customers and emphasizes features.
- Acts as liaison between customer and company with regard to pricing, products, delivery information, payments, service, and inquiries.
- Ensures that customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up as necessary.
- Completes and submits sales-related paperwork, including call reports, cylinder audits, month-end reports, expense reports, mileage reports, etc., accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides market and competitor information to supervisor.
- Lead and promote safety; organize safety meetings and strictly enforce safety rules.
- Works safely and meets the requirements of all safety procedures and rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and the Company.
- Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Associate's degree (A.A. or A.S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous industry experience strongly preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid driver's license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk to and hear customers. The associate frequently is required to sit while traveling from sales call to sales call and while conducting administrative and sales duties. The associate is frequently required to stand while servicing a customer; walk while demonstrating a product; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds in the course of demonstrating a product. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position requires travel approximately 70% of the time, mostly within the area and by personal vehicle.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.