The Business Unit Risk Manager supports EverBank's commitment to a sound risk management and internal controls structure across the entire corporation by ensuring that appropriate risks and mitigating controls are identified and functioning as expected. This position will be responsible for developing and monitoring risk assessments throughout one or more specific business units, ensuring that risks and mitigation plans are properly documented and partnering with the business to ensure a strong risk culture is embedded in each line of business.Essential Functions
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements)
- Research and maintain guideline requirements related to risks associated with one or more business units
- Review and approve risk ratings resulting from risk assessments performed for one or more specific business units
- Participate in the development and review of new strategies, products and services to ensure that risks are properly identified and appropriate measures are put place to mitigate risks within acceptable levels
- Participate in due diligence efforts to evaluate risks associated with potential acquisitions and identify the appropriate actions needed to mitigate these risks upon integration
- Monitor business related risk management projects and provide status reports to key stakeholders
- Partner with business lines to assess risk implications resulting from changes made to regulatory changes, policies, processes, and procedures
- Participate in line of business staff meetings, change control meetings, etc.
- Assist business lines with risk assessments
- Provide feedback to the business lines on design of controls that will create a more robust and efficient control portfolio to appropriately mitigate risks
- Participate in all change control meetings in the related line of business(es) to provide guidance related to the impact of proposed changes on the risk profile of the affected applications and existing controls
- Review SSAE 16 reports and determine the risk implications of the reports' opinion
- Review and approve changes and/or additions to documented risks
- Drive risk related projects that are requested in the business with Enterprise Risk approval.
Training and Experience
- Ability to build partner relationships with EverBank business lines, vendors, regulators, auditors, etc
- Familiarity with industry-specific laws, regulations, and practices
- Demonstrated skills in planning and project management and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines
- Proficiency in PC applications including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build a strong business case to influence outcomes and create consensus
- Analytical and strategic mind-set in order to assess current and potential risks and implement controls
- 7+ years of risk management related experience
- 10+ years experience in the financial industry or relevant experience
- A thorough understanding of Banking/Wealth, Residential Production, and Residential Mortgage Servicing.
- Strong modeling skills.
- An understanding of Accounting practices.
- Experience in the evaluation of all risks related to outsourcing, if applicable.
- Experience managing the performance of vendors and staff
- Relevant Certification (e.g. CISA, CPA, PMP, etc.)
Pre-Employment Screening Includes:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen-after offer of employment is extended and before start date
- Past Employment Verification
- Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran's status or status as a protected veteran.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.