Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson and a global leader in protecting and optimizing critical infrastructure, is currently seeking an Application Engineer for its Liebert Monitoring business in Delaware, OH.
Provide timely, confident support to customers (both internal and external) who are implementing or planning to implement an Emerson product. Assist sales representatives with technical knowledge and experience to help sell Emerson products. Provide support through the design of custom product features and special pricing. Provide additional product selection and pricing advice regarding other Emerson product lines, to help support the product sale.
• Provide a “one-stop shop” of support services for Liebert’s customers, sales representatives, and reseller partners. You will respond to inquiries via phone and e-mail ensuring questions and / or problems reported are resolved to each customer’s satisfaction. Specific duties will include (but not be limited to):
• Provide technical support to customers and the sales force, via phone and email.
• Address concerns, compliments and complaints from the field sales representatives, reseller partners, and end-user customers.
• Provide presentations and training to associates, sales representatives, and customers.
• Mentor and train Manila associates.
• Enter inquiries, from phone calls and e-mails, into the issue tracking software.
• Interact with product management and engineering to communicate feedback from field sales representatives, reseller partners, and end user customers.
• Work with Liebert Services support technicians and field engineers on SiteScan deployments and maintenance.
• Provide daily technical support to the sales representatives and customers
• Provide quotations on Special Feature Authorization (SFA) designs for the products
• Review required orders for SFA's and pricing and correct product selection
• Provide presentations to Associates, Sales Representatives and customers
• Participates in product trade shows and customer visits
• Participates in internal teams for product development and process improvement
• Maintain product specialist requirements
• Good verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Ability to manipulate tasks in hectic environment
• Self-starter and good work ethics
• Good PC skills (spreadsheets, database and word processing)
• Works with little supervision of the Group Manager and Senior Applications Engineer
• Working knowledge of Data Communications Processes, including:
o Network devices
o Internet Communication Standards
• Working knowledge of wireline protocols: RS232, RS485; and Building Management protocols: Modbus, ARCnet, and BACnet
• Working knowledge of sensors, transducers and programmable logic controllers and their application
• Experience with Building Monitoring System (BMS) platforms or similar monitoring activities
Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (NYSE: EMR), delivers software, hardware and services that maximize availability, capacity and efficiency for data centers, healthcare and industrial facilities. At Emerson Network Power, we’ve built our capabilities on delivering reliable power, precision cooling, connectivity and embedded solutions that assure Business-Critical Continuity™ for your technology investments. Supported by a global network spread over 150 countries, backed by local service and support from more than 2,000 certified professionals, we are uniquely positioned to provide systems and integrated solutions wherever our customers are located. See www.emersonnetworkpower.com for Company information.
Why work with Emerson Network Power?
If you have talent, knowledge and experience — and want to work at a company that will value your abilities — it's time to learn more about what Emerson has to offer.
Emerson’s proven management model and track record of growth have extended the company’s legacy through the years with an ongoing commitment to invest in new technologies. For businesses around the world, the Emerson brand stands for the ability to get big things done, through global engineering, technology, industry expertise and customer focus. Whatever their challenge, they know that with Emerson by their side, they can 'Consider It Solved.'
Click HERE to discover Emerson.
No calls or agencies please. The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson Network Power is an equal opportunity employer. It will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. Emerson Network Power is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.