As a Software Engineer II
, you will join PNC's Information Technology group, and will be instrumental in helping to maintain our reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations. Working under the guidance of senior engineers and your manager, your team and area will be responsible for performing application software development for system enhancements, potentially across a variety of technology platforms.
You will develop specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modify/maintain the existing software possibly across a variety of technology platforms. You will also assess and determine design considerations including application programs containing business logic and possibly modify databases, client reports, internal reports and online presentations.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an IT related field
* 2+ years related experience
* Possess a strong understanding of IT concepts including database concepts structures, software/application development techniques and testing techniques.
* Develops a strong understanding of core technologies contained within the LOB application supported
* In depth knowledge of data warehousing and Business Intelligence
* Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and requirements to technical staff.
* Strong understanding of dimensional model, conformed dimensions
* Understanding of software development methodology and project life cycle ( i.e. waterfall, Agile or Scrum)
Experience preferred in the following technologies
* Business Objects
Experience is a plus in the following skills
* Informatica (ETL)