For over 150 years, PNC has grown into one of America's most respected banks, because we're committed to helping customers and employees reach their goals. You can depend on PNC to provide the training you need, along with an inclusive culture that recognizes your talent, values diversity and cares about social responsibility. Working with us means having an opportunity you can feel good about, with a Fortune 200 company that's been selected as a 'Great Place To Work' by Gallup.
As a Software Engineer II (WESB), you will join PNC's Information Technology group, and will be instrumental in helping to maintain our reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations. Working under the guidance of senior engineers and your manager, your team and area will be responsible for performing application software development for system enhancements, potentially across a variety of technology platforms.
You will develop specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modify/maintain the existing software possibly across a variety of technology platforms. You will also assess and determine design considerations including application programs containing business logic and possibly modify databases, client reports, internal reports and online presentations.
You will join our Consumer Leading team located in either Brecksville, OH or Pittsburgh, PA and be expected to have the capacity to learn new technologies, enhance existing products, and grow product offerings through development of (and for) in-house applications.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an IT related field with 2-4 years of related experience
* Possess a strong understanding of IT concepts including database concepts structures, software/application development techniques and testing techniques.
* Develops a strong understanding of core technologies contained within the LOB application supported
* In depth knowledge of Object Oriented Concepts
* Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and requirements to technical staff.
Technical experience as noted below is preferred:
* Experience with one or more of the following middleware technologies: WebSphere MQ 7.x, WebSphere ESB 7.x, WebSphere Message Broker 7.x or IBM Integration Bus 9 or later
* Experience with web services, SOAP, REST, XML and XSD's
* Understanding of full software development life cycle, quality control processes, and build and deploy procedures
* Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with other developers, architects, and business users
* Experience programming in Java/JEE
* Experience building Microsoft BizTalk Orchestrations (BizTalk 2010 experience preferred)
* Experience using EDI and SWIFT in BizTalk
* Experience working with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
* Experience programming in C# .Net
* Database development experience with Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server