Our client, a major Dallas-based financial services organization, is currently seeking candidates for a contract to hire SOFTWARE ARCHITECT.Job Description
Responsible for architectural decisions and practices that contribute to the success of application delivery products and services.Primary Responsibilities
Applies industry and company standards and architectural patterns to develop, present and execute and/or delegate to others to execute architectural design alternatives.
Establishes practical design approaches and standards through product research, evaluation, and proof-of-concept activities and ensures product quality through design and code reviews. Responsible for establishing software standards for system and participates in establishing standards for lines of business or the Enterprise.
Responsible for and/or collaborates with system integrators to design systems technical infrastructure such as specific operating platforms, database management systems, security mechanisms, utilities and testing approaches and tools.
In partnership with the project manager, establishes coaching objectives, development processes and best practices. Mentors others in application design and development standards, development processes and best practices.Minimum Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Five years of proven application design and development experience, including three years of experience with applying or designing distributed application architectures utilizing object-oriented methodologies.
- At least four years of application development experience using mainstream platforms such as Java/Java EE and/or Microsoft .NET.
- At least four years of experience using relational database tools and concepts.
- At least four years of experience with widely adopted open source frameworks and tools.
- Ability to collaboratively define and apply development processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the development team and quality of the developed product.
- Solid understanding of and experience applying design patterns.
- Experience with utilizing Unified Process on software development projects to manage risk and prioritize activities.
- Practical experience with Agile software development methodologies and practices.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and practices.
- Experience with improving performance of complex applications.
- Experience with utilizing version control tools and planning for parallel releases.
- Skill in using and directing others in the use of the Unified Modeling Language (UML) standard.
- Ability to quickly learn and practically apply new concepts or principles which can be confirmed by experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with designing and configuring industry leading application servers to support Java and/or .NET applications a plus.
- Experience applying event driven designs and industry leading messaging platforms a plus.
- Knowledge of and practical experience with web services (REST and/or SOAP-based) a plus.
- Experience integrating commercial products with custom applications and/or infrastructure components a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint a plus.
- Process expertise in requirements management, change management, and software configuration management a plus.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Management Information Systems is required. Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted.