DIRECTV, Inc. is more than television; we are an innovative technology company. DIRECTV is one of the world's leading providers of digital television entertainment services delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, unmatched programming, and industry leading customer service to more than 32 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America, on any device wherever you are.
Many of more than 16,000 employees deliver industry-leading service and value, operate broadcast centers on the ground and monitor DIRECTV satellites in space. As an all-digital platform, DIRECTV was the first to deliver an interactive on-screen program guide and Pay per View ordering by remote control. DIRECTV continued to lead the competition by being the first to offer more HD channels than anyone, introducing award winning new products such as DVR and as early as 2010, introduced whole-house, mobile and portable services.
We don’t operate like most companies our size – we just can’t! We need to have more innovation and more energy to keep up with the technological demands of our business. Our focus is on the customer and we do it with passion with every business decision we make. In this role, you would be reporting to the Manager – IT Production Support doing application support for DIRECTV.com, our Agent Answer Center and our internal online collaboration platform. Our goal is to ensure that in each of these applications, the user is able to do what they intend to do whether the user is a customer trying to make a payment or an employee posting on an internal forum.
You will be part of a collaborative team and responsible for applying troubleshooting skills and detailed knowledge of the applications. Our team provides 24/7 support and will work supporting groups such as Incident and Problem Management, Networks, and Infrastructure personnel. You will also have responsibility to support and troubleshoot issues across our Production & Non-Production environments.
This is a highly visible role and you will be involved in projects involving implementation of new technologies and load balancing
. You are the center of problem solving because you will be responsible for involving the business partners, vendors and the IT team to drive resolution.
In the first 6 months, you will be gaining a strong understanding of the DIRECTV business processes as related to the supported application and the complexities of our organization. Your analytical and technical skills will be immediately in use as you demonstrate your problem solving abilities. We may not always have the solution readily available in a step-by-step process to follow. You need to come in and assess the situation to come up with the best approach to solve the problem. We also need you to take a role that is traditionally very reactive and help us to find improvements to anticipate issues before they impact our operations.
- Drive root-cause analysis of production issues, and shepherd their resolution through the DIRECTV software development lifecycle
- Coordinate support with various IT teams (Dev, QA, and Vendors) to drive the resolution of reported problems
- Follow the Incident and Problem Management processes for issue resolution and enforce it with other teams
- Write executive summaries of high priority issues for senior management
- Manage regular meetings with business and IT stakeholders to prioritize and resolve important problems
- Evaluate scheduled application and environment changes for associated risks, and advocate mitigations to such risks
- Identify common themes in reported production issues
- Support critical go-live activities for various projects
- Provide periodic on-call support
- Occasional travel to other DIRECTV sites
At DIRECTV, your career is virtually in your hands – we have a great work environment with career opportunity. IT is rapidly expanding and moving up or into other areas of interest is what we want for you!
Work in a call-back rotation to support a 24x7 environment (approximately one week every 3 weeks).