Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in: Environmental, Facilities, Geotechnical, and Engineering Services.
Over its history, Terracon has achieved significant expansion through both internal growth and acquisitions. Terracon currently has more than 3,000 employees in 140 offices and 39 states nationwide. Terracon’s growth is due to dedicated employee owners who are responsive to clients, provide quality services, and take advantage of opportunities in the marketplace. By combining our national resources with specific local area expertise, we consistently overcome obstacles and deliver the results our clients expect.
As an Environmental Senior Project Manager with Terracon, you will perform duties related to natural resources, cultural resources, wetlands delineation and permitting, Categorical Exclusions (CE), Environmental Assessments (EA), Environmental Impact Statements (EIS), regulatory compliance, and other environmental consulting services. In this role, you will prepare proposals and reports, develop client relationships, lead marketing efforts, and train, mentor and direct staff professionals.
Directs the efforts of company personnel on one or more large and/or complex projects to ensure that services are responsive to the client’s needs, including being on time and within an identified scope and budget. Coordinates interoffice and departmental personnel, equipment and technical experts required to complete the assigned projects and actively promotes additional services and projects whenever possible.
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Studies and becomes familiar with all county, state and federal regulations and codes to ascertain special permits, decisions or agreements from government bodies including zoning status and/or requirements of applicable building officials.
• Continually reviews the project’s progress and evaluates technical data received from project staff for decisions to be made by company consultants, the client, the contractor or other decision-making bodies involved in the project. Based on conclusions drawn from project data, obtains approval and decisions from the client or the client’s representatives in a timely manner that allows the project to flow smoothly and progress on schedule.
• Mediates any disagreements that develop between the technical disciplines involved in a project and/or client’s representatives or contractors contributing to the progress of a project and assists in developing means by which disagreements may be settled and recorded to the best interest of the project, the client and the firm.
• Interviews and participates in the selection and development of contracts with any required consultants and coordinates their timely efforts during the course of the project.
• Assists office management and technical consultants with the formulation of strategies to promote a specific and/or large project.
• With general assistance from office management, organizes and assembles the resources required to serve the needs of a large project or a number of projects.
• Coordinates and conducts the necessary reviews of project documents with in-house consultants, client representatives, contractors and others required to work as a team on the project and gains assistance from company management when difficulties arise.
• Participates in periodic reviews of the project with respect to its schedule, design and/or construction cost, and prepares progress reports on a regular basis to company management and the client’s representatives as needed.
• Completes the project records at the close of the project, documents the required closeout data, organizes the project records and turns them over to the office responsible for the project and its permanent project files.
• Acts as a communication link between all company representatives, management, contractors and any other parties involved in the project process.
• Directs the inspections and reviews necessary at the close of a project to ensure that check lists are completed, the project documents are retained, costs and quantities have been summarized, any special history data is recorded and obtains approval from the various bodies for the full completion of the project.
• Participates in the evaluation and selection of key project personnel with office management and technical experts to ensure appropriate levels of expertise are available to serve the needs of the project requirements.
• Approves proposals and approves invoices.
• Provides timely project administration for the company to include time sheets, expense reports, purchase orders, change orders, invoices and any other progress reports necessary to keep the company, the client and the client’s representatives informed of the status of the project.
• Conduct job hazard analysis of project site at initial project stages
• Communicate hazards and special safety requirements to field personnel
• Coordinate special safety considerations with client
• Abide by safety and personal protective equipment policies
• Drive defensively, avoid preventable accidents and always wear a seat belt
• Attend regularly scheduled safety training
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.