The multi-faceted Retail Sales Leadership Program provides participants with training and experiences that will prepare them to step into retail management positions and launch a promising, progressive career with the skills and confidence that ensure success. Core components of the program which is conducted in Atlanta at AT&T’s wireless division headquarters, include:
- Intensive 12 month focus on developing leadership, management and coaching skills
- Classroom training and practical, hands-on assignments - both individual and team-oriented
- On-site, in-store rotations interacting and learning from our very best retail experts
- Includes working in a retail store for 6 weeks so you are fully prepared when you graduate from the program!
Once you graduate, you will be placed in a retail store location. There, your responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and lead a professional retail sales team to ensure achievement of store/kiosk revenue targets, operational goals and 100% customer satisfaction.
- Supervise the overall daily operation of a store including hiring, coaching, disciplining, and scheduling of employees to ensure cost effective and quality Store Operations.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain inventories at adequate levels, promote sales, and maintain the appearance of the store.
- Complete accounting and paperwork associated with cash receipts and prices and conduct physical inventories.
- Meet assigned sales performance and profitability criteria.
- Set appropriate individual performance standards for the store/kiosk in line with national standards.
- Develop, implement and monitor a store prospecting plan to increase sales.
- Facilitate and participate in weekly staff training/educational sessions to increase knowledge, create high levels of motivation, and inspire team to achieve results.
- Establish and monitor store/kiosk work schedules and staffing issues to effectively manage payroll expenses.
- Exhibit a high level of leadership presence within all aspects of the business and other internal departments.
- Effectively manage profit and loss responsibility for store/kiosks and protect company assets.
- Analyze various business reports for trend analysis and strategic planning purposes.
You will be responsible for all functions of the retail store/kiosk to include sales, customer service, inventory, and technical troubleshooting. You will maintain internal visual merchandising and in-store displays and ensure store appearance meets company standards at all times. You will analyze transactions to continuously find methods to simplify procedures, improve processes, and maximize resources.
- Undergraduate degree emphasizing Business, Retail Management or Marketing
- Prior retail or customer service experience
- 3.0 or higher grade point average
- Experience leading at least two different organizations on campus
Retail Leadership Development Program Various Locations 1QTR14