PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE.
PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world's leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. PPG is committed to providing a fulfilling workplace for employees, creating an environment for continuous learning and embracing the ideas and diversity of others. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:PPG). For more information, visit http://www.ppg.com/
Located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania the Manager, Forensic Audit will report into the Director, Corporate Audit Services. This position exists to assist in the guarding of corporate assets through the support of developing, implementing and monitoring of an effective anti-fraud program. The position will provide strong support over fraud prevention, detection, and investigative matters and must maintain the highest level of confidentiality on all investigations and events. Travel to PPG facilities is required (anticipate between 40% - 50%, including international travel).
Coordination with Chief Compliance Officer
- Be a significant contributor to the design, implementation, and monitoring of an anti-fraud / asset protection program. The program's aim will be to help detect, deter and prevent unauthorized use of company assets.
- The position utilizes business information, financial reporting systems and procedures to analyze; identify risk areas; investigate anomalies and inconsistencies; control weaknesses and inadequate record keeping; errors and unusual transactions which could be fraud, improper or unlawful expenditures and/or unauthorized operations.
- Lead and perform audits to evaluate global location alignment with PPG’s Compliance programs.
- Collaborate with corporate management and business units to identify anti-fraud prevention opportunities. Maintain an active fraud assessment of the Company.
- Leverage data analytic scripts to identify potential fraud and 'red flags'.
- Develop audit procedures to detect potential fraud.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices over forensic auditing.
- Facilitate the incorporation of anti-fraud measures into the audit process.
- Prepare and conduct fraud prevention training for field auditors and management teams.
- Direct at least three direct reports: Pittsburgh based Data Analytics Specialist, Hong Kong based Forensic Audit Specialist, and Paris based Forensic Audit Specialist.
- Actively lead and participate in investigative matters involving fraud
- Conduct / lead timely special investigations (including interviews, interrogations, forensic data recovery, and computer imaging) into any allegations of impropriety and report on findings/opinions and, where appropriate, any recommendations for improvement. Investigations will be conducted in accordance with approved Investigation Protocols provided by the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Follow-up or investigate select Corporate Hot Line calls or other reports for fraud events and collaborate with management on investigations to ensure strict compliance with the Code of Ethics/Standards of Conduct.