Job Description Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
The position will involve being a technical and business consultant to customers, working to align technical solutions and advanced control strategies to maximize the commercial success such customers can derive from their power generating assets.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Assisting customers in developing project justifications for applying advanced technology solutions to power generation assets.
• Working with customers to benchmark the overall performance of their assets in comparison to their general peer group and Emerson standards.
• Extensive analysis of process data - Data mining, process analysis and regression analysis.
• Performing engineering analysis of plant processes, data and procedures to (1) determine areas with greatest potential for improvement based on business issues/objectives, (2) determine which mix of solutions will provide the highest value/return, and (3) calculate expected improvements to key performance metrics and associated financial benefits.
• Implementing and supporting the Power & Water Solutions Combined Cycle Optimization growth initiative
• Quantifying potential business development opportunities and objectives
• Assisting the Power & Water Solutions sales force with identification and prioritization of key target (high opportunity) accounts
Job Requirements The position requires a BS in engineering or equivalent and a minimum of eight years experience in utility power generation, including controls engineering experience on combined cycle plants, with a working knowledge of major plant processes, operational culture, operating procedures, cost/revenue factors, and plant automation systems.
The position requires 50% travel.
Additional competencies that will be considered a plus:
Experience working as an I&C engineer at a combined cycle plant
Experience with technical consulting or assessment work
Knowledge of competitive power market structures and applications
Experience working in a direct customer facing role
Additional Company Information Emerson Process Management Power & Water Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex race, color, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation, disability or protected Veteran status.
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which Emerson Process Management Power & Water Solutions will provide sponsorship