As a Field Examiner II, you will be a member of PNC's Corporate & Institutional Banking organization. As one of the nation's largest and most diversified financial services organizations, Corporate & Institutional Banking offers a comprehensive array of products and services ' financing, treasury management, capital markets, international banking services, M&A advisory services, and more ' to corporate and institutional clients of all sizes and industries. PNC Business Credit is one of the top asset-based lenders in the country. Our asset-based solutions are ideal for financing: Working capital, Growth, Restructurings, Recapitalizations, Turnarounds, Management Buyouts, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Leveraged Buyouts.
Your essential job functions include:
* Performs initial audits of prospects' records and establishes initial reporting methods and procedures for the submission of supporting collateral documentation.
* Assists with directing the daily progress of field work on secured lending team audits.
* Performs the field audits of the more complex secured lending clients and analyzes their collateral records and financial statements to determine accurate collateral values.
* Acts as a liaison between the relationship manager and the client in providing recommendations for implementation or improvement of collateral control or reporting procedures.
* Prepares audit reports and supporting work papers for review and discussion with relationship managers and representative loan committees.
* Supervises and coordinates all team audits
* Assists in the training of staff auditors.
* Maintains a good working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial statement analysis.
* Develops reports that reflect current collateral/loan correlations to be utilized by appropriate relationship managers and credit committees to analyze basic credit situations.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required
* Minimum three to four years experience as a secured credit auditor or the equivalent in public accounting experience.
* Effective written and oral communication skills required
* Good organizational skills required
* Working knowledge of PC's required
* Effective interpersonal skills required
* Strong working knowledge of GAAP, financial statements and collateral analyses
* Position requires 40-50% overnight travel to client locations.
* Valid driver's license required
* Large degree of adaptability due to changing audit schedules