The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC) is one of the nation's largest diversified financial services organization with assets of $309 billion. PNC, operating primarily in 19 states and the District of Columbia, provides retail and business banking; residential mortgage banking; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management.
The Strategic Initiatives Office (SIO) is an internal consulting group responsible for delivering strategic assessments, program management, and change management. The team helps senior leaders with critical challenges facing their businesses: lifting the horizon beyond the immediate term and focusing on issues outside of œbusiness as usual operations.
The goals of the group are to:
* Deliver thoughtful, actionable insight to business leaders at the corporate and LOB level
* Conduct clear, consistent, data driven analysis to inform key business decisions
* Allocate the firm's resources to the highest-priority strategic issues
* Lead program management for complex, cross-enterprise strategic projects
* Lead M&A integrations & divestitures
* Drive sustainable organizational change
The SIO is a pipeline for top-tier talent at PNC, providing members with an unparalleled opportunity to work on the major strategic and operational issues confronting the business while gaining visibility among the firm's senior leadership.
Brief Description of Role:
Analysts are responsible for delivering thoughtful, insightful contributions to high-level strategic work as well as helping program management teams plan, organize, and manage resources to achieve execution oriented goals. Work is performed closely with business partners to execute rigorous analysis and synthesize the insights in a way that facilitates decisions.
Analysts work in a team setting, interacting with multiple constituents across PNC's lines of business. They typically take ownership of one or more work streams, perform data-driven analysis and contribute recommendations for strategy development.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis on core strategic issues
* Gathering data through research and interviews
* Developing an understanding of and staying current with the competitive landscape
* Generating creative, action-oriented insights and recommendations
* Authoring and delivering high-impact presentations and plans
* Project work could include customer research, market sizing, economic analysis, statistical analysis, competitive research, and growth strategy
* Driving the execution of project milestones
* Strong academic record from a top university
* Internship experience within a professional environment, i.e. consulting, marketing, project management, etc. Superior analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, research capabilities and attention to detail. Comfortable working through ambiguous problems.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in addition to being proactive by nature. Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
* Strong and demonstrated teaming skills, especially in cross-functional teams
* Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
* Strong Excel & Power Point skills