Strategic Services delivers process control consulting services (Upgrades, Cyber Security, Virtualization, Power and Grounding, Safety Integrated Systems, Application Support, etc.) to our end user customers and local sales / service offices. This position is to interface with customers on nonstandard, complex services and determine how to leverage our service portfolio to meet their requirements. This individual will be responsible for creating market awareness of new service portfolio offerings for Strategic Services.
The primary activities of the position would include but are not necessary limited to:
- Defining and influencing the scope of nonstandard, complex service projects
Developing strategies and leading the market awareness of the Strategic Services portfolio
- Monitoring service projects to identify scope changes and interface with the project execution team as necessary
- Communicating directly with the Emerson local offices (both sales and service), Key Account Management and end user customers
- Exercising good business acumen
- Managing technical delivery of services through influence and leadership is essential to success
- BS Engineering or Computer Science + 6 years related experience; OR MS Engineering or Computer Science + 5 years related experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience in industrial process control in installed base services, sales, sales support, project management or management role.
- Must have Process Control Automation experience either in plant operations or plant engineering
- Must be a creative problem solver
- Basic knowledge of DeltaV control systems required
- Must understand the process control industry from a Lifecycle Services perspective
- Experience with proposals, contracts, negotiation and solid business acumen
- A broad network of contacts within Lifecycle Services organization is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of financial reporting, budgeting and terminology required
- Customer presentation skills required
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Relocation benefits may be available for this position.
About Process Systems and Solutions
Emerson’s Process System’s and Solutions business provides automation technology and consulting services to allow process manufacturers to make the most of their operations while reducing costs and minimizing safety and environmental risks. Today, our control systems run more than 10,000 plants in 135 countries around the world. Our customers rely on us to solve their toughest challenges, and it’s a commitment we take very seriously.
We’re seeking high-impact people, true innovators at the core, whose ideas can change the world. If you’re looking for a company that recognizes and rewards your abilities, provides global opportunities to advance your career, and fosters an environment to learn and develop, Emerson may be for you. Consider joining our team of more than 7,000 Process Systems and Solutions employees across the globe.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Process Systems and Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or protected Veteran status.
APPLY NOW! (You will be redirected from the Emerson careers site)