You're a top performing professional and relentless in your pursuits. You look for opportunities and express your ideas. You stay one step ahead of others in your field. You have demonstrated success in your past positions. We value your skills and want you on our team!
Portfolio Recovery Associates is a fourteen year old, publicly traded company (NASDAQ-PRAA) that purchases and manages portfolios of defaulted consumer receivables and provides a broad range of accounts receivable management services.Portfolio Recovery Associates, Inc. (PRA) is a financial and business services company operating in the U.S. and the U.K.
As a leader in the U.S. debt buying industry, PRA returns capital to banks and other creditors that helps expand financial services for consumers. PRA collaborates with its customers to create affordable, realistic debt repayment plans.
The company also provides a broad range of fee-based services to local governments and law enforcement, U.S. businesses, institutional investors, global hedge funds, and U.K. banks and creditors.
PRA has been annually ranked as one of Forbes' 100 Best Small Companies since 2007, advancing to the Top 25 in 2012. The company also was recognized last year as one of Fortune's 100 Fastest-Growing Companies.
Job Title: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Jackson, TN
As a member of the PRA Operations Team, the Operations Manager successfully manages and develops collections teams and coordinates activities of team members engaged in building relationships with PRA customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor call performance of team members against standards; receive input from Quality Control and Training Department; coach/mentor team members using data received from variety of sources. Maintain performance records/reports of team.
- Review reports to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.
- Identify team members who require training in advanced topics or remedial training; transfer team members to retraining spine as required with appropriate documentation on performance weakness and strengths.
- Conduct performance counseling and coaching on a periodic basis with team members; conduct performance reviews; make recommendations for salary changes.
- Establish and maintain an environment that encourages team work and individual efforts and ethical behavior.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels for team and in compliance with company policies on flexible scheduling; maintain/update time and attendance information in automated software; approve paid time off in accordance with company policies. Administer verbal and written counseling to correct inappropriate behavior and conduct.
- Participate in all required training for automation and telephone systems; Fair Debt Collection Practices Act/Fair Credit Reporting Act (FDCPA/FCRA); other legal aspects of collections procedures. Identify violations of FDCPA/FCRA or other company policies and practices to keep supervisor advised of potential acts that may result in litigation against the company.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1- 3 years of progressive management experience in sales, customer service, call centers, collections, or other performance based industry
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as collection and bankruptcy policy and procedures, understand collection terminology, regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Able to write routine reports, procedures and correspondence. Able to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization
- Requires proficiency in understanding and applying applicable elements of Fair Debt Collection Practices (FDCPA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) for tasks performed
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively at all levels of an organization and to interact confidently with senior management.