For over 150 years, PNC has grown into one of America's most respected banks, because we're committed to helping customers and employees reach their goals. You can depend on PNC to provide the training you need, along with an inclusive culture that recognizes your talent, values diversity and cares about social responsibility. Working with us means having an opportunity you can feel good about, with a Fortune 200 company that's been selected as a 'Great Place To Work' by Gallup.
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated business professional with a passion to provide empirical analyses and solutions. For this position, we are looking for a candidate with strong analytics credentials in banking industry.
This candidate will join our Analytics and Portfolio Management (APM) - Cross Portfolio management group within Risk Management. The position will support the stress testing efforts as well as the implementation of the risk appetite framework within the firm. As such, prior experience in the above two areas is preferred but not a requisite. PNC takes pride in its strong risk management culture. As a member of the APM team, your primary responsibility will be to provide analytical foresights and insights into the risk/return dynamics of the company's credit portfolios and help make more effective business decisions related to risk appetite, return and profitable growth. In particular, your role will require working collaboratively with team members across the organization to ensure solutions and strategies recommended support the business goals.
In your role, you will need to draw upon a combination of skills in problem-solving, quantitative research and analysis, statistics, project and team management. You will also need strong communication skills to share results and recommendations with multiple audiences and influence decision making by providing data driven solutions. When you join PNC, you will benefit from access to senior professionals and extraordinary leaders that will provide you excellent opportunity to learn and grow and contribute to the success of the organization. Job Functions
- Leverage business and product expertise to rigorously analyze large datasets, improve risk adjusted returns, deliver profitable growth, and communicate conclusions.
- Synthesize analytical results and develops, recommends, and implements business strategies that improve lending decisions, assist in managing risk, increase revenues, reduce exposure to losses, meet business goals, and improve performance. Establish baselines for strategies and tracks actual performance to expectations.
- Apply predictive models, third party data, and other tools to develop and execute appropriate segmentation and targeting for acquisition and portfolio strategies to provide insight into portfolio risk. Manage engagements with internal and external information suppliers ensuring solution is fit for purpose while maintaining appropriate governance and oversight.
- Understand and communicate regulatory and financial accounting impacts on the balance sheet to regulators and PNC control functions as appropriate. Interacts with regulators, internal audit, and management concerning credit portfolio analyses and credit risk appetite.
- Evaluate market conditions and peer bank behavior to identify internal and external trends and issues affecting credit risk and return and to determine appropriate risk limits and optimal portfolio allocation.
- Works with business, credit, data, and model development partners to design, develop, and monitor test designs and analytical reporting to track and enhance strategies.
- Design and enhance standard reporting suites for regular product and portfolio reviews.
- Collaborates with the line of business, Finance, and Risk partners to assess and establish credit risk appetite and to understand its implications, as well as to establish policies and procedures governing the identification, monitoring, and management of risk. Education, Skills and Experience
- Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with a major in financial engineering, computational finance, accounting, finance, business or business information management/MIS along with 4+ years relevant experience. Masters degree preferred.
- An outstanding academic and professional record of achievement
- Experience in Risk Management or Financial/Marketing Analysis. Familiarity with Profit & Loss (P&L) statements and Return on Capital is expected
- Ability to understand complex strategic and tactical business issues
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytics to efficiently and logically solve business problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge in statistics, mathematics, and financial modeling
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with other internal staff and external consulting firms
- Strong technical skills in Statistical software, MS Office, etc. Access required. SAS and SQL preferred.
- Knowledge of financial and/or customer reporting systems, e.g., Hyperion, Oracle, etc. is a plus.