As an IIG Associate Business Development Representative you will be responsible for identifying prospective Institutional Investment clients. You will contact prospects based upon referrals from internal or external sources, prepare and deliver presentations, follow up with prospects, work with Manager and/or seasoned Business Development Representative(s) to coordinate with various Asset Management Group staff and close sale of prospective accounts.
The goal of the Associate is to develop into a seasoned business Development Representative who can work independently on closing sales of prospective accounts. Your role will involve supporting and shadowing current Business Development Representatives and the Market Director. Some of the support will include providing research, building sales presentations, and working with Corporate and Institutional Banking Relationship Managers on prospect identification.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree; graduate degree beneficial (Additional experience can be considered in lieu of education.)
* Series 7 and 66 Licenses are required. If not currently holding the Series 7 and 66 licenses, the licenses must be acquired within six months of hire date.
* 3+ years of analytical, sales and/or client service experience in the financial services industry.
* Background in finance, investments, employee benefits, business, financial planning, legal principals, tax and corporate structure.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to comprehend basic financial statements, some knowledge of investments, basic understanding of fiduciary principals, knowledge of ERISA, and ability to comprehend regulatory documents.
* Must have time management, attention to detail and follow up skills.