As a Technical Platform Specialist Lead (Unix Administrator ' Solaris) and a member of PNC's Information Technology group, you will be part of a diversified financial services firm that reflects the needs, values and goals of our customers, employees, communities and shareholders. You may be seated in Pittsburgh, PA or Cleveland, OH. You will be instrumental in helping to maintain PNC's reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations. You will perform 2nd and/or 3rd level platform support in any of the following areas Midrange Technologies (Unix, Solaris, Linux, AIX, etc); Chargeback, Vendor & Contract Mgmt; Server Technologies; Provisioning, and Automation. You will assist service partners in problem resolution and follow up, and communicate unresolved problems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Defines multi-year life cycle plans, renewal and refresh. Defines the product attributes and related tiers of service. Sets product direction for specified products.
- Leads, directs and manages the configuration, design troubleshooting and remediation of complex environments. Skilled in the integration equipment and/or systems, including their hardware, operating system software, backup/storage mgmt software, remote mgmt software, and any network connectivity hardware / software.
- Leads the setup and implementation of certified systems, including their configuration and interoperability with other technologies, knowledge transfer to the support organizations, and the management of the knowledge store.
- Provides platform and integrated approach consulting to Technology Managers and their staff. Synthesizes information into an understandable summary and provides recommendations and justifications. Provides technical consulting for application integration to respective LOB's, and participates in cross functional teams as needed.
- Development and management of scripts (PERL, Shell, etc) for information gathering, audit response, and troubleshooting purposes.
- Coordinates and integrates projects across multiple teams and technologies.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in IT related field (Computer Science, IS, Telecom, etc) or equivalent experience and 10+ years experience supporting specific support function.
- 10+ years Unix and Linux Administration
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understand of broad systems supported
- Possesses a broad knowledge and understanding of many different technologies and the dependencies and impacts they have with one another
- Strong understanding of project management methodology's and processes.