Gannett in downtown Cincinnati, OH is looking for an Android Developer who thrives in a fast-paced environment to join our digital development team.
This position is focused on the development of mobile applications for Android, and other portable device platforms. Our ideal candidate should have significant experience building applications for Android and must provide live examples with your submission.
- Android applications software development
- Mobile Web applications software development
- Experience in developing native applications for Android.
- Experience in Programming Languages with at least 2 of the following: Objective C, C#.Net, Java
- Expertise in mobile operating systems such as Android and iOS
- Experience in developing and deploying mobile applications at the enterprise level.
- Solid background in developing mobile architecture and integration.
- Expertise in Web Services, JSON, XML and Ajax
- Experience with Web Service Technology and Security
- XML processing experience
- Communication skills to present ideas and concepts effectively; strong and proven problem solving skills.
- Self-managed with the ability to mentor others.
- Self starter, highly motivated individual, and a team player who adapts to a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to investigate/research issues, determines impact, and provides solutions.
Years of experience:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Gannett we accept and respect the diversity of everyone. Diversity of experience, culture, education, interests, race and ethnicity, age, socio-economics, physical abilities, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, religion, and other beliefs breeds innovation and powers ideas. Diversity is the foundation of Gannett.