Performs sleep disorder studies accurately and safely as ordered by Physicians. Operates all equipment utilized for sleep disorder diagnosis and treatment. May calibrate equipment required for testing and make adjustments. Determines testing parameters and procedures with aid of a Physician. Scores sleep/wake stages. Completes and verifies records of all procedures performed. Oversees unusual and difficult procedures. Complies with the BRPT standards. May provide oversight to the Polysomnographic (Sleep) Technician. A. Education/Skills
• 4 year BA/BS in health care degree from an accredited institution preferred.
• Ability to concentrate and make quick judgements with a high level of skill, knowledge, understanding and accuracy.
• Ability to work without close supervision.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Computer skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• May be asked to work overtime with little or no notice. B. Experience
• Requires at least 3 years experience as a Polysomnographic Tech. Expireince in pediatirc sleep preferred. C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
• Must hold a registry in good standing with any of the credentialing organizations listed: o The Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (RPSGT)o The American Board of Sleep Medicine (RST)o The National Board of Respiratory Care (SDS)