Enclosure Systems General Description:
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of project members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
An engineering degree and MBA with marketing emphasis is preferred. Prefer PMP Certification. Experience:
A minimum of five years experience is required. Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have contract negotiation experience with subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors.
- Must have 5 years experience in developing construction schedules and budgets.
- Conducted pre-construction meetings with subcontractors, customers, and owners.
- Previous experience in preparing and maintaining contracts and related documentation.
- Must exemplify experience/ability to manage projects in excess of $2 MM.
- Direct Supervision of Project Superintendent and other project related personnel as needed.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Act as main point of contact for customer.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to project members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with project members.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the company.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions unless on a job site where inclement weather could be possible. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. Schedule:
Full Time Travel: