Regional Sales Manager
Regional Sales Managers play a vital role by ensuring an atmosphere that establishes, nourishes and maintains Bob’s Sales Focused Culture, ensures their stores provide all guests with an exceptional Customer Experience, and promote the Company Vision. The Regional Sales Manager ensures that the stores perform beyond expectations in a manner that is consistent with the Company’s core values and vision and is expected to lead their teams by example.
The primary role of a Regional Sales Manager is to develop and lead the store teams to maximize sales and profitability to exceed Company goals. These goals include, but are not limited to, exceeding sales volume goals, category volume, profit margin and other key metrics. The Regional Sales Manager will drive sales in a framework of company policies and procedures and by utilizing their retail expertise to recognize opportunity for continual improvement.
The Regional Sales Manager will be expected to visit stores on a weekly basis to interact with the management team and all store Associates in order to promote the productivity of the store and to ensure company goals are communicated and achieved. The Regional Sales Manager is the direct link between corporate and the individual stores and it is their role to ensure the management team is current on company policies and objectives and above all else are doing their best to increase sales and maintain the Bob’s Way of doing business.
The Regional Sales Manager will actively engage, encourage, mentor and motivate direct and indirect reports and identify and determine professional development opportunities.
The Regional Sales Manager will work to ensure the all locations are adequately staffed to meet and/or exceed budgeted sales numbers, that all Company guidelines’ and policies are adhered to by all locations and will ensure Store Management oversees all employee discipline and employee relations issues with the appropriate partnership of Human Resources’, Operations and Loss Prevention.
As a liaison to the community, the Regional Sales Manager will establish themselves in the community and be recognized as a champion of honesty, integrity and good judgment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and/or exceed district sales goals as directed by the Company;
- Visit individual stores on a regular basis and be accessible to management team in order to build a productive and cohesive team and to maintain an ongoing knowledge of store performance;
- Prioritize the store team’s focus on talent acquisition and team development;
- Ensure all safety guidelines are followed to ensure a safe and productive environment;
- Ensure all company policies and objectives are communicated and being adhered to;
- Maintain, nourish and promote the Bob’s culture;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sound judgment and decision making skills
- Able to analyze complex problems and recognize root cause
- Proven financial acumen and budgetary success
- Ability to manage process as well as identify opportunities to improve process
- History of coaching and developing talent and building a strong bench
- Proven ability to motivate self and others
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5 – 10 years sales experience in retail environment
- 5 plus years of Retail Store Management experience at District or Regional Management level preferably in big box environment
It is policy of Bob’s Discount Furniture, LLC, to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against or harassed because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other protected status in accordance with federal and state law and is committed to reasonably accommodating qualified persons with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential duties of their position.