JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE: Under the direction of Director, Marketing and Business Development,, the Sales Channel Manager will have primary responsibility for building, leading and managing the VRU Distribution channel and to leverage the relationships to promote sales of Vilter Screw Compressor Products the Oil and Gas Markets.
Primary point of contact for the distribution channel and their trusted advisor. Drive growth of the Vapor Recovery product line through relationship development, training, and ensuring organizational responsiveness.
Support the SME and Special Ops in creating a vision & strategy to grow in this market, driving increased sales & profitability. To help elevate our Sales, Marketing & Engineering teams to be trusted advisors in the industry.
This role will demonstrate our experience, technical expertise and dedication to partner with customers and solve their most challenging compression needs. Participate in Emerson Oil and Gas industry teams and solutions.
This role will work closely with compression and refrigeration sales leaders, project pursuit teams including EPM , engineering and other resources to leverage ECT expertise, opening up white spaces and new opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.Job Requirements
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Market Intelligence & Strategy
• Manage, Motivate and Support the North American distribution channel. Manage key and strategic account strategy, feedback competitive intelligence, strategies and product positioning
• Support creation of upstream oil and gas strategy: solutions roadmap, new technologies and product development
• Derive value propositions by understanding the market from the customer perspective
• Create solutions and solution messaging to customer needs and pains
• Generate and implement specific, targeted and measurable growth plans
• Provide direction in optimizing method to market for specific segments, regions and associated messaging strategies
• Build relationship at key customers, identifying customer pain and key decision makers
• Help sales team establish ‘trusted advisor’ relationships
• Participate in industry councils, committees and trade association
• Represent Vapor Recovery and Vilter in Emerson industry groups, ensuring our inclusion in solution messaging, communicating cross-Business Unit strategy and approach
• Support project and account penetration planning and execution.
• Provide direction on target accounts, travelling with sales personnel and face-face with customers.
• Create sales tools and provide training to customers and sales teams
• Generate and maintain processes to share successes across all areas; coordinating campaigns and programs to leverage ‘wins’.
• Help develop comprehensive sales training modules for upstream oil and gas industry for distributors
• Assist with generation of application/product training tools/materials to customer facing personnel, ensuring necessary levels of expertise is maintained and current. Continuously builds the sales collateral database
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree in Channel Management or Engineering with sales experience
• Minimum of 7 years experience managing a distribution channel in the Upstream Oil & Gas industry
• Strong mechanical/fluid handling equipment background, Compressor experience preferred
• Experience with developing strategy, business development and market analysis preferred
• Strong leadership, organizational, written, oral and presentation skills
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, distributors, and employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Requires a valid passport and US Drivers License
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to close sales, the ability to travel 50%, and the ability to operate a variety of standard office machines, to include a computer, telephone, copier, fax, etc. Proficiency with Microsoft OfficeAdditional Company Information
Emerson Climate Technologies, a business of Emerson, is the world’s leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration solutions for residential, industrial and commercial applications. We combine best-in-class technology with proven engineering, design, distribution, educational and monitoring services to provide customized, integrated climate-control solutions for customers worldwide. The innovative solutions of Emerson Climate Technologies, which include industry-leading brands such as Copeland Scroll™ and White-Rodgers™, improve human comfort, safeguard food and protect the environment. For more information, visit EmersonClimate.com
No calls or agencies please. The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson Climate Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, veteran status or genetic information. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you require an accommodation to assist you with applying for jobs at Emerson Climate Technologies, please call (414) 744-0111.