According to unit and hospital policies and procedures, the Cardiology Sonographer I is responsible for the performance of non-invasive cardiovascular procedures of adult echocardiography for the performance of non-invasive vascular procedures including but not limited to carotid, venous, renal, and arterial doppler procedures. This position works closely with other healthcare team members to facilitate exceptional patient care and efficient completion of diagnostic studies while also promoting optimal unit operations. The Sonographer I adheres to the customer service standards while maintaining a clean, efficient, and safe work environment.
Knowledge & Skills:
1. Utilize open, professional communication (verbal, non-verbal, and written) to directly interact with physicians, patients, guests, and other health team members.
2. Make decisions of moderate difficulty that reflect both knowledge and good judgement.
3. Handle confidential information regarding patient activities.
4. Demonstrate an effective working knowledge of all equipment used in Cardiology and related to their job functions.
5. Demonstrate competency in arrhythmia interpretation.
6. Participate in budget control.
7. Perform complete 2-dimensional, color flow, and Spectral Doppler exams according to protocol.
8. Notifies physicians of any positive findings that need attention prior to patients release.
9. Provides preliminary measurements and interpretations of examinations.
10. Performs necessary equipment checks and QC procedure and reports equipment malfunctions to supervisor. Maintains adequate supply of materials for vascular lab.
11. Assists in scheduling of patients. Works in additional patients. Makes scheduling aware of cancellations or optimize examination availability.
12. Reviews and revised lab protocol to maintain a high level of efficiency. Recommends change to supervisor.
13. Attends required staff meetings and correlations conferences.
14. Reviews performance and ensures compliance with accreditation, legal and other regulatory requirements.
15. Performs other duties as assigned