Risk Advisory - Senior Associate or Supervisor/Manager - Bank Regulatory Compliance
Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Company: McGladreyPosition Description
Kansas City, MO - Senior Associate or Supervisor level
We are looking for a resource strong in regulatory knowledge to join our Risk Advisory Consulting group at the Supervisor level. You will work with clients of McGladrey and use your knowledge, expertise, and talent to provide value added consulting services to our financial institution clientele. The consulting engagements you will take part in will allow you to perform regulatory and Bank Secrecy Act compliance reviews. Relative to
At McGladrey LLP, we use risk-based compliance programs to provide a sound risk assessment strategy. Our risk-based approach, developed through years of experience, is designed to identify and qualify the vulnerabilities our clients face. Working together, we develop plans to protect our clients against financial and regulatory risks.
The financial industry has always been subject to its share of regulation, including those mandated by the various regulatory agencies, including the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Comptroller of the Currency and Federal Reserve Bank.
The regulatory agencies have implemented risk-focused examinations to evaluate financial institutions' safety and soundness. Examinations also assess areas such as compliance with applicable laws and regulations. An institution's most vulnerable areas receive the greatest scrutiny.
At McGladrey LLP we know tools and techniques go only so far in exposing risk to our clients. We know that our success depends upon the strength of our consultants. An environment sound in regulatory compliance exists through the input of experienced resources, abreast of the latest regulatory requirements.
- Work individually or as part of a team to provide project execution on client engagements
- Contribute to strong client relationships through positive client support and sound expertise
- Demonstrate expertise in lending and deposit compliance and BSA
- Using proven tools and techniques, execute project deliverables in a manner consistent with our client's business objectives
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related business field of study
- Consulting/Professional services mindset and attitude
- Must have Regulatory compliance experience with banks
- Must be able to travel in the state and surrounding states 50% of the time - including overnight travel
- 4+ years experience in regulatory compliance- REG B, C, Z, RESPA, HMDA, OFAC, BSA/AML
- Consumer compliance experience
- 4+ years experience in a bank or bank regulatory agency