As the Director of Business Technology Architecture, you are a member of PNC's Enterprise Architecture organization of more than 130 professionals. PNC's Enterprise Architecture team are among the leaders of innovators in the region. You will lead the Business Technology Architecture team. Your responsibilities will include leadership, governance and collaboration with a focus on quality. You will report to the Head of Enterprise Architecture (Chief Architect).
Within the day, there will be a wide range of activity, with a pace set by the demands of the technology portfolio across the Line of Business domains. In your role, you will be responsible for the relationship between the line of business leadership and Enterprise Architecture. You will need to present system concepts and as they pertain to business issues, collaborate across teams and align the organization behind the corporate standards and solutions appropriate for addressing the desired business outcomes. As the leader of the Business Technology Architecture team, you will lead the organization in the core practices of Business Architecture, Information/Data Architecture and Application Architecture.
PNC's commitment to leadership in Architecture means you will always be at the leading edge of technology. The Business Technology Architecture Director will partner with the Directors of Infrastructure Architecture and Governance-Standards to ensure a holistic Enterprise Architecture representation in all activities. All the while, you'll enjoy opportunities to research new technologies, gain deeper understanding of the variety of architecture practices, and learn about the wide variety of banking solutions provided by PNC.
* Direct line management of 7 Directors, and overall management of Business Technology Delivery team (approximately 35 total in the team)
* Act as trusted advisor to senior leadership and technology management across the Line of Business Domains.
* Oversee the alignment strategic line of business objectives with overarching architectural standards.
* Drive business architectural services standardization aligned to the BIAN services landscape
* Oversee the allocation of the Architecture Delivery Team resources to the most critical and strategic efforts in the organization.
* Review and ensure the quality of the architecture produced products are at the highest level of standards.
* Balance the Future state needs against the current state capabilities in a fashion that ensures continual evolution is occurring.
* Evolve the practices of Business, Information and Application Architecture.
* Drive the business to leverage corporate standard platforms and shared services, to increase time to market and capabilities.
* Educate and increase awareness of enterprise Business Accelerators, Shared Services, and standards.
* Identify Enterprise application patterns to establish reference architectures.
* Lead domain efforts in regards to introduction of new technology to address needs and capabilities of the business.
* Establish domain and program roadmaps based on the Strategies for the Line of Business Domains.
* Oversee functionality, scalability, performance, and reliability of the business solution.
* Lead architecture discussion as it relates to strategic decision making.
* Work with Engineering and Development teams on development and implementation strategies.
* Develop approaches for overall integration of technology components.
* Oversee the Introduction of New Technology process, including software/hardware acquisition, software/platform as a service and open source utilization.
* Establish technology standards and reference architectures.
* Monitor utilization and ensure appropriate shared/enterprise technologies in the organization.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering. Experience will be considered in lieu of education.
* A minimum of 12 years of previous technology experience required, in software development/engineering, and/or application/enterprise architecture.
* A minimum of 7 years of previous technology management experience required, in Application/Enterprise Architecture or Software Development/Engineering.
* Ability to be hands on and proven capability leading large enterprise-wide technology transformation projects
* Skilled ability in presenting business cases and plans
* Demonstrates sound business judgment, excellent leadership and the ability to develop and manage complex projects.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Presentation capability to executive team
* Strong relationship building abilities with executive management, demonstrating influencing skills to drive disparate points of view to a common goal and ability to communicate complex issues in a credible and convincing manner
* Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple demands and changing priorities
* Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; self-starter that proactively engages clients and business partners
* Minimum of 3 years of Solution Architecture experience.
* Banking Industry experience.
* BIAN, TOGAF and/ or Zachman knowledge