• Serves as an internal consultant to management, staff, and physicians in the areas of process improvement, organizational development, change management, performance monitoring, and statistical analysis.
• Provides expertise in successfully applying process improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, PDSA/PDCA, etc.
• Serves as a project facilitator/manager and technical resource for teams working on major, complex performance improvement efforts.
• Focuses on better healthcare value and quality, including the improvement of clinical outcomes, patient experience, safety, costs, revenue, productivity, efficiency, employee and physician satisfaction, and process reliability.
• Reports to the Division Director for Performance Excellence assigned to CHI KentuckyOne Health Region (KYOne). As such, the position is considered a Division-level resource and may be assigned projects throughout the KYOne region but will be assigned primarily to a single market location.
• Provides direction, mentoring, coaching, and coordination of performance improvement staff based on site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Analyzes all assigned areas of operations for potential improvement opportunities and makes applicable recommendations for process, system, procedure, and operational changes to improve healthcare value and quality. Identification of opportunities and recommendations for change are developed in conjunction with applicable management, staff, and physicians to obtain their operational expertise.
2. Serves as a project facilitator/manager and technical resource for teams working on major, complex performance improvement efforts, focusing on better healthcare value and quality, to include the improvement of clinical outcomes, patient experience, safety, costs, revenue, productivity, efficiency, employee and physician satisfaction, and process reliability.
3. Serves as a technical advisor and internal consultant to all hospital management, staff, and physicians on the use of performance improvement tools and techniques, analytical techniques, and statistical applications.
4. Assists in the establishment of operational performance measurements and the monitoring of trends in key performance indicators to evaluate efficiency, effectiveness, cost, etc., using available information systems data. Where other data is necessary but not readily available, will design and implement appropriate data collection. Uses data from appropriate external sources, including comparative databases.
5. Applies appropriate change management methods to promote implementation of change. Facilitates organizational change by helping to prepare personnel to accept and actively participate in new changes, through communication, coaching, and educational workshops.
6. Collaborates with Quality Management and Patient Safety, Risk Management, and other functions to identify clinical quality and patient safety opportunities for process improvement efforts.
7. Identifies and works to remove barriers that slow or prevent the successful attainment of process improvements. Identifies project risks in a timely manner, and escalates risks as needed to project sponsors so that projects remain timely.
8. Provides project status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on selected projects through a project tracking system and management/project reviews. Documents the results and value of projects, and submits other documentation as may be required.
9. Works with Performance Excellence staff and others to maximize potential improvement efforts and understanding of opportunities, as well as to identify, share, and leverage best practices with organizational stakeholders.
10. While reporting directly to the Division Director for Performance Excellence, maintains close working relationships with the members of the Senior Management Team at locations throughout assigned market area.
11. In partnership with the Division Director for Performance Excellence and peer Performance Excellence team members, develops and implements communication and education/training plans to facilitate the dissemination of knowledge of process improvement and systems thinking strategies, tools, and practices across the organization.
12. Provides direction, coordination, mentoring, and coaching of performance improvement staff based on site, in keeping with direction from the Division Director for Performance Excellence.
13. Responsibilities may include a liaison role between local market leaders and other members of the regional Performance Excellence team.