The Regional 340B Program Specialist will work on-site with assigned CHI MBOs eligible forthe 340B program to help ensure that facilities comply with 340B program guidelines and optimize purchasing medications under the 340B program. The Specialist will be responsible for providing oversight for implementing business plans in coordination with MBO pharmacy leadership for these facilities to help use 340B savings to expand and improve care provided to underserved and vulnerable populations.. They will act as consultant to facilities to prioritize and implement programs related to long-term care, home care,ambulatory pharmacy, employee prescription program development and contract pharmacy agreements related to 340B. The regional specialist will help assist the MBOs in automating processes, routine sample auditing of all 340B programs,and assure compliance with regulations related to 340B purchasing that will make our facilities more fiscally sound.
1. 340B Program
Ensures policies and procedures approved by CHI Legal are implemented according to MBO, regional, national, state and federal guidelines.
Assists MBO leadership to develop a regular compliance audit program with MBO available staff
Performs annual independent compliance audits and report’s findings to responsible MBO representatives.
Develops in conjunction with MBO leadership, action plans to close identified gaps.
Global transaction and volume reconciliation.
Entity reconciliation at the contract pharmacy, covered entity and wholesaler levels
Reporting - Ensures reporting meets MBO, regional, national, state, and federal guidelines
- Participate in projects, councils, and special initiatives related to 340B.
- Knowledgeable of current regulations, trends, and issues pertaining to the 340B program.
- Provide expertise and guidance to staff and MBO representatives regarding ongoing compliance with the 340B program.
- Conduct 340B Program training for MBO staff.
- Assist MBOs to perform inventory audit reconciliation samples.
- Develop and maintain internal relationships (accounting, legal, national) and external relationships (wholesalers, manufacturers, contract pharmacies, splitter software vendor, Employee Benefit Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM) and Third Party Administrator (TPA) vender as needed) to ensure sound operation of the 340B program at the MBO and national level.
- Actively participate with MBOs in audit preparation and be accountable for audit interaction as a face-to-face member of the facility audit team during the actual audit.